Salamanders Drop Fourth In a Row
The Holly Springs Salamanders dropped their fourth straight game on Sunday afternoon at the North Main Athletic Complex, dropping a 8-2 decision to the Petersburg Generals.
Holly Springs (4-12) showed life early in the game, getting on the board in the first inning as Drew Butler grounded out to second which plated Brandon Riley, who led off the game with a double.
Petersburg (6-10) was quick to respond in the top of the second as they put a four spot on the board, with Wesley Drain providing the big blow, a three-run two out home run to give the Generals a 4-1 lead.
The Generals added a trio of runs in the third as Drain singled home a pair and gave Petersburg a lead they would not give up.
Baylor Sundahl gave Petersburg seven strong innings, allowing just two runs on three hits while fanning six to earn his second win of the season.
Holly Springs returns home on Monday night as they welcome the Fayetteville SwampDogs to town, first pitch is slated for 7 p.m. and the Zooperstars will be on hand to dazzle the crowd, tickets can be purchased online at SalamandersBaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Coastal Plain League message board...
Coastal Plain League Stories from June 19, 2016
- Pilots Hold off Sharks - Peninsula Pilots
- Pilots Snap Sharks' 7 Game Win Streak - Wilmington Sharks
- Salamanders Drop Fourth In a Row - Holly Springs Salamanders
- SwampDogs Slam RedWolves - Fayetteville SwampDogs
- Clams Fall in Extras - Edenton Steamers
- Grizzlies Win Thriller in the 11th - Gastonia Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Holly Springs Salamanders Stories
- Salamanders Serve up Fun in Holly Springs
- Salamanders Announce Kevin Soine as Head Coach for 2019
- Salamanders Rally Falls Short
- Salamanders Have Record Night
- Salamanders Drop Fourth In a Row