Saladino Option Transferred to Biloxi, Hinojosa Transferred to San Antonio
BILOXI, MS - The Biloxi Shuckers, the Double-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers, announced a pair of roster moves prior to Game Four of the Southern League BC® Powder Championship Series on Saturday. INF Tyler Saladino has had his option transferred to the Shuckers, while INF C.J. Hinojosa has been transferred to Triple-A San Antonio.
Saladino joins the Shuckers after splitting the season between the Milwaukee Brewers and San Antonio Missions, playing 79 games with the Missions and hitting .289 over 79 games with 19 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 64 RBI. Saladino logged 28 games with the Brewers this season, hitting .123 with two home runs and eight RBI. Acquired by the Brewers from the Chicago White Sox on April 19, 2018, Saladino has played in 326 Major League games in his career.
Hinojosa departs the Shuckers roster after leading the charge offensively for the Shuckers in the postseason. The 25-year-old slashed .400/.393/.800 in seven playoff games with four doubles, two home runs and nine RBI's. The former San Francisco Giants farm hand delivered the go-ahead double for the Shuckers in the eighth inning in Game Five of the South Division Championship Series against the Pensacola to punch the Shuckers ticket to a second straight Southern League Championship Series.
The Shuckers roster sits at 25 active players with five players on the injured list. Trailing 2-1 and facing elimination in the Southern League Championship Series, Biloxi squares off with Jackson on Saturday night at 6:05 pm. LHP Cameron Roegner takes the mound for the Shuckers against Generals RHP Bo Takahashi at the Ballpark at Jackson.
All games in the Southern League BC® Powder Championship Series can be heard locally in Biloxi on Cruisin' WGCM AM 1240/100.9 FM, TuneIn Radio or the MiLB First Pitch App and can be seen on MiLB.TV.
With the 2020 Southern League schedule announced, Shuck Nation Memberships for the 2020 season are available by calling 228-233-3465 or by visiting the Biloxi Shuckers front office.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from September 14, 2019
- Series Saved as Shuckers Force Game 5 in Jackson - Biloxi Shuckers
- Biloxi Holds off Generals, 4-2, to Force Winner-Take-All Finale - Jackson Generals
- Saladino Option Transferred to Biloxi, Hinojosa Transferred to San Antonio - Biloxi Shuckers
- Championship Gameday: September 14 vs. Biloxi - Jackson Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Biloxi Shuckers Stories
- Louisiana Knights Back in Action at MGM Park for Fall Season
- Batting Practice Experience Soon to be Available at MGM Park
- 'Schooner's Landing' Golf Experience at MGM Park Extended Through September
- 'Schooner's Landing' Golf Experience Set to Return to MGM Park
- Louisiana Knights Set to Return to MGM Park