Rush Strike a Deal with Riptide
Saskatoon, SK - The Saskatchewan Rush have struck a trade with the New York Riptide, acquiring a 2nd round pick in the 2023 NLL Entry Draft in exchange for Jordi Jones-Smith.
"Real tough parting ways with a quality player and person like Jordi," says general manager Derek Keenan. "I've known Jordi since he was 8 years old and you won't find a player with a better attitude. We just felt on the backend we need one or two of our younger guys to play. We thank Jordi for his efforts and commitment to the Rush organization."
The right shot transition was drafted in the sixth round of the 2015 NLL Entry Draft by the New England Black Wolves and was later acquired by the Rush as a free agent in 2019. The Whitby, Ontario product has played a total of 38 games with the Rush, totalling 41 loose balls and 9 turnovers.
The Saskatchewan Rush Lacrosse Club would like to thank Jordi for his commitment to the organization over the past three seasons and with him all the best in New York.
Images from this story
Jordi Jones-Smith with the Saskatchewan Rush
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 21, 2022
- Rush Sign 2022 Draft Pick Cameron Badour to 2-Year Deal - Saskatchewan Rush
- New York Riptide Acquire Jordi Jones-Smith from Saskatchewan - New York Riptide
- Rush Strike a Deal with Riptide - Saskatchewan Rush
- Knighthawks Agree to Terms with Hartley and Willman on One-Year Deals - Rochester Knighthawks
- Warriors Sign 2x NLL MVP Shawn Evans - Vancouver Warriors
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Signs Dylan Hutchison and Cam Milligan - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Signs Members of 2022 NLL Entry Draft Class - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Albany FireWolves Sign Taite Cattoni for 2022-23 Season - Albany FireWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.