Rush Preview: 3 Things to Know
Suskatchenwan Rush vs.
New England Black Wolves
December, 28th 2018 | 7:30 PM
Mohegan Sun Arena | Uncasvile, Conn.
Tickets | Game Day Page | Watch online
Get ready for Friday's showdown with the Rush with the things you need to know going into the contest.
This will be the first game of the 2018-19 season for the Saskatchewan Rush. The Rush are the defending NLL champions and have won three out of the last four NLL titles (2015 and 2016 as well). They are led by reigning NLL Most Valuable Player Mark Matthews, Robert Church and Kyle Rubisch. In goal for the Rush is a familiar face for Black Wolves fans, as 2016 NLL Goaltender of the Year Evan Kirk, who won the award with New England, is now a member of the Rush.
The 2018-19 season is off to a fast start for forward Tyler Digby. He scored the first two goals of the season at Georgia and wrapped up the game with a hat trick and two assists for five points. The 6-foot-3 right hander was briefly a member of the franchise in 2015 before immediately being traded to Vancouver the following day. This previous offseason, he returned via another trade and signed a two-year deal with New England.
In the four years that the Black Wolves have been in New England, they have played the Rush four times, finishing with a 2-2 record in that timeframe. Last season, playing down two players due to travel and weather issues, the Black Wolves fell 24-11 in Saskatoon, but they captured an overtime victory in Saskatchewan, 13-12, in during the 2017 season. Reilly O'Connor had a career-high six assists in that win. The previous season, New England came out on top 14-13, in the only other game prior to Friday night that the two teams have played at Mohegan Sun Arena. In 2015, the Rush, then in Edmonton, wrapped up a 18-9 victory.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from December 27, 2018
- Rush Preview: 3 Things to Know - New England Black Wolves
- Seals Sign Tyler Carlson - San Diego Seals
- Knighthawks Announce All-Time Team - Rochester Knighthawks
- Messenger Received - Rush Sign Defenceman to New Three-Year Deal - Saskatchewan Rush
- Mack Trucks into Buff - Vancouver Warriors
- Georgia Swarm Set for First Road Game at Toronto - Georgia Swarm
- Game Preview: San Diego Seals at Calgary Roughnecks - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Black Wolves Stories
- Glenn Clark Receives Petro-Canada Coaching Excellence AwardÃ¢ÂÂ
- Black Wolves Acquire Two, Re-Sign Brown
- Black Wolves Close out 2020 NLL Draft with Four Additional Draftees
- New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth
- Buque Is Back with the Black Wolves