Rush 2022 Draft Pick Sign Isaac Ngyou to a 2-Year Agreement
Saskatoon, SK - The Saskatchewan Rush are pleased to announce the signing of 2022 draft pick Isaac Ngyou to a 2-year contract.
"Isaac was a player we were very high on heading into the 2022 NLL draft and were excited to select him with our pick in the second round,' says head coach and associate general manager Jimmy Quinlan. "He's a player who has excellent feet, communicates well in the defensive end, and is able to push the ball up the floor. We are excited to get him in camp and begin working with him."
The Rush acquired Isaac 40th overall in the 2022 NLL Entry Draft. The left-shot defenseman played this past season with Langley Jr. A, and put up 2 goals and 5 assists in 13 games. Ngyou also played up with the Langley Sr. A in the 2022 Mann Cup from September 8-18th. The 6-foot-1, 185 pound defender was an integral part of the three wins for the Thunder before falling shy in the final with a 16-11 loss to the Peterborough Lakers.
"We like skilled athletes on our backend and Isaac brings a lot of that," says general manager Derek Keenan. "He has an opportunity in front of him to push for a roster spot".
The Saskatchewan Rush are excited to welcome Isaac to the organization and look forward to having him continue to develop under Jimmy Quinlan's coaching staff.
Images from this story
Defenseman Isaac Ngyou
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 22, 2022
- Rush 2022 Draft Pick Sign Isaac Ngyou to a 2-Year Agreement - Saskatchewan Rush
- Defender Ryan Dilks Signs 1-Year Contract with the Rush - Saskatchewan Rush
- Thunderbirds Sign First-Round Pick Wake:Riat BowHunter to Five-Year Contract - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Signs Defensive Coordinator Steve Toll to Extension - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Names Kyle Goundrey Offensive Coordinator - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Albany FireWolves Bring Back Joe Nardella - Albany FireWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.