Defender Ryan Dilks Signs 1-Year Contract with the Rush
Saskatoon, SK - The Saskatchewan Rush are thrilled to announce they have re-signed veteran defender Ryan Dilks to a 1-year contract.
"We are delighted to have Ryan Dilks back with the Rush for another season. We believe he is one of the best defenders in the NLL and what he brings to our team in terms of skill and leadership is hard to quantify," says head coach and associate general manager Jimmy Quinlan. "His versatility to cover the oppositions best players no matter the side of the floor makes him an integral piece to our line-up. We look forward to seeing him in Rush green leading our back end and mentoring our younger crop of defenders."
The 6-foot-1, 195-pound defender was raised in Hamilton, Ontario but later moved to Edmonton, AB where he now resides. Dilks was originally drafted in 2010 by Boston but joined the Rush via the 2012 NLL Dispersal Draft.
Ryan has been with the Rush since 2012 when the team was known as the Edmonton Rush. He came over with the team to Saskatchewan in 2016 and was named Defensive Player of the Year. In 148 games with the Rush, Ryan has tallied up 236 caused turnovers and 614 loose balls.
"When we look at the leadership void with the departure of Chris Corbeil to free agency, the first guy we look to is Ryan Dilks!," states general manager Derek Keenan.
This past season, Dilks was an asset to the defensive line putting up 101 loose balls and 34 caused turnovers. He also tacked on one goal and eight assists in 18 games played.
"I couldn't be happier to continue my career with the Rush and to be back in the province of Saskatchewan for another year," says Ryan Dilks. "I love this team and I'm looking forward to bringing the trophy back to the best fans in the league"
Images from this story
Saskatchewan Rush defender Ryan Dilks
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 22, 2022
- Rush 2022 Draft Pick Sign Isaac Ngyou to a 2-Year Agreement - Saskatchewan Rush
- Defender Ryan Dilks Signs 1-Year Contract with the Rush - Saskatchewan Rush
- Thunderbirds Sign First-Round Pick Wake:Riat BowHunter to Five-Year Contract - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Signs Defensive Coordinator Steve Toll to Extension - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Names Kyle Goundrey Offensive Coordinator - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Albany FireWolves Bring Back Joe Nardella - Albany FireWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.