Rubber Match Looms Between Islanders and Mooseheads
As expected, the Charlottetown Islanders and Halifax Mooseheads are becoming fast foes as the current segment of the 2020-2021 QMJHL regular season has dictated. The two teams will face off once more tonight, the third straight matchup between the two Maritime Division teams.
The script has been flipped against the Charlottetown heading in to this game. Following Wednesday night's 5-2 loss to Halifax, the Islanders (14-3-0-0) will be looking for a measure of revenge themselves heading in to this rubber match. The Isles came out of the gate slow and Halifax made them pay. As the top team in the Maritime Division, the Isles will work to atone for their shortcomings just two days ago.
"I don't think we weren't too bad systematically Wednesday but we were slow out of the gates," said Islanders forward Keiran Gallant following the game, who notched his third goal of the season in the loss. "We have to make sure we're ready to go Friday night, be prepared, and start strong."
On the injury front, forward Ben Boyd's status for the game remains unknown; the forward suffered an upper-body injury against the Cape Breton Eagles last Friday and re-aggravated the injury Sunday afternoon in Halifax. He sat out Wednesday's game, however practiced with the team yesterday.
For Halifax (7-7-2-3), coach Jean-Jacques Daigneault will be hoping to see another strong performance from his team like he did on Wednesday, particularly from his crop of talented 16-year-olds. James Swan notched two goals and Jordan Dumais picked up a goal of his own, while Markus Vidicek had three assists. For the Mooseheads to have continued success, they'll need performances like those from their young players consistently.
Unfortunately for Halifax, one player who won't be in the lineup is Senna Peeters. The Austrian import forward suffered an upper-body injury on Wednesday and is anticipated to be out for a few weeks.
As always, fans can catch this game at any of our five viewing partners around Charlottetown - Outrider's Cookhouse, the PEI Brewing Company, Boston Pizza, the Factory Downtown, or Dooly's! Eastlink will also be showing the game on Friday Night Hockey and Fair Isle Ford Isles Radio will have the audio broadcast!
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2021
- Isles Bounce Back, Ellis Matches QMJHL Record in Dominant 6-0 Victory. - Charlottetown Islanders
- Fans to Return to Mooseheads Games - Halifax Mooseheads
- Media Release- Eagles Welcome Back Fans Under Revised Provincial Regulations - Cape Breton Eagles
- Media Release- Eagles Name Captains for Remainder of 2020-21 Season - Cape Breton Eagles
- QMJHL Names Scholastic Players for the Month of January 2021 - QMJHL
- Rubber Match Looms Between Islanders and Mooseheads - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Isles and Titan Kick off President's Cup Playoff Run Today
- Ocean 100, Eastlink to Bring Fans Playoff Action
- Islanders and PEI Brewing Company Team up for Playoff Watch Parties
- Maritimes Division Final to Move to Shawinigan
- Ellis and Desruisseaux Named QMJHL Players of the Month for April