Royals Recognize Team Award Winners
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Royals' 2019-20 regular season was acknowledged as the team concluded their award announcements last week via social media.
Victoria announced 10 awards in total, one a week over 10 weeks, and celebrated the personal achievements of the players, both on and off the ice.
Goaltender Shane Farkas was selected as the team's most valuable player and took home the Enex Fuels MVP award. The 1999-born netminder finished second in the league in both goals against average (2.20) and save percentage (0.929) and compiled a record of 18-7-1-0 to go along with two shutouts.
Anaheim Ducks' prospect Brayden Tracey received the Mayfair Optometric Top Scorer award as he led the team in scoring with 61 points (22g-39a) in 52 games.
Team Captain Phillips Schultz was voted The Keg Fans' Choice award winner, which was chosen by a vote on www.victoriaroyals.com. Royals' forward Tarun Fizer was named the recipient of the 2 Burley Men Hardest Worker award.
Forward Brandon Cutler was named the winner of the Pepsi Unsung Hero award, while rookie Alex Bolshakov received the Jo-Ann Thomson Family Foundation Scholastic Player of the Year award.
Overage defenceman and 2019 WHL Humanitarian of the Year, Will Warm was the recipient of the VicPD Community Service award.
Keanu Derungs, the 2002-born Swiss import forward, took home the Elite Promotional Rookie of the Year award as he registered 29 points (15g-14a) in 57 contests this past season.
Former Royals Mitch Prowse and Kaid Oliver were named the winners of the Wilson's Transportation Top Defenceman award and Wallace Driving School Most Dedicated Player award respectively.
2019-20 Victoria Royals Award Winners:
- Enex Fuels Most Valuable Player Award - Shane Farkas
- The Keg Fans' Choice Award - Phillip Schultz
- VicPD Community Service Award- Will Warm
- Mayfair Optometric Top Scorer Award - Brayden Tracey
- The Jo-Ann Thompson Family Foundation Scholastic Player of the Year - Alex Bolshakov
- 2 Burley Men Hardest Worker Award - Tarun Fizer
- Pepsi Unsung Hero Award - Brandon Cutler
- Wilson's Transportation Top Defenceman Award - Mitch Prowse
- Elite Promotional Rookie of the Year - Keanu Derungs
- Wallace Driving School Most Dedicated Player - Kaid Oliver
Are you back to business this month? Put your message on the LED screen outside the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre and show your fellow Victorian's that your doors are open. Our special "Phase 2" LED Offer includes a one week advertising run on the 10' x 18' screens out front of the arena on Blanshard street, a Royals jersey, plus a $50 restaurant gift card that you can keep or donate to a local hero. For further details on this limited time offer please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 9, 2020
- Novak and Peterek Invited To Czech Republic's U-20 Camp - Kelowna Rockets
- Koffer Invited to Czech Republic Under-20 Summer Camp - Prince George Cougars
- Deep Dive with Daniel Baker - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Royals Recognize Team Award Winners - Victoria Royals
- Oil Kings Aim to Spread Awareness for National Blood Donor Week - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Forward Prospect Jake Gudelj Signs WHL Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Pats Sign 2019 Third Round Pick Braxton Whitehead - Regina Pats
- Dustin Wolf of the Silvertips Named 2019-20 CHL Goaltender of the Year - Everett Silvertips
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.