RoughRiders hurler Matt Harrison tosses no-hitter
Frisco, TX - Frisco RoughRiders starter Matt Harrison threw the second no-hitter in Frisco history as the RoughRiders defeated the San Antonio Missions, 2-0, on Sunday, May 18 at Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco.
Harrison held the Missions hitless over seven innings while striking out five and walking six. The game was the first of a scheduled doubleheader at Dr Pepper Ballpark. A capacity crowd of 10,216 was on hand to watch Harrison accomplish the historical feat.
The 6'4", 225 lbs. lefthander from Stem, NC was acquired by the Texas Rangers as a key piece of the Mark Teixeira trade in July 2007. Harrison was originally selected by the Atlanta Braves
A.J. Murray, Steve Karsay, and Scott Feldman combined to throw the first no-hitter in club history, which was a perfect game on July 28, 2005 in Corpus Christi. The RoughRiders defeated the Hooks 3-0 in that game.
On the season, Harrison improves to 3-1, 3.15 (12 ER/34.1 IP) in seven starts. The RoughRiders improved to 28-14 with the victory and sit in first place in the Texas League South Division.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from May 18, 2008
- Perez Leads Hooks to 10-1 Victory - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Drillers Win Third Straight - Tulsa Drillers
- Matt Harrison tosses no-hitter as 'Riders split - Frisco RoughRiders
- Ortega's Strong Start Not Enough For Travs - Arkansas Travelers
- Cards fall for tenth consecutive game - Springfield Cardinals
- RoughRiders hurler Matt Harrison tosses no-hitter - Frisco RoughRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.