Roughnecks Fall to Black Wolves
Calgary, AB - The Calgary Roughnecks saw their three-game winning streak come to an end with a 16-10 loss to the New England Blackwolves Saturday night at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
Seth Oakes (1g, 2a) opened the scoring for the Blackwolves who jumped out to a 6-2 first quarter lead. Stephan Leblanc (3g, 6a) led the way for the visiting team with nine points while Callum Crawford (2g, 6a) and Reilly O'Connor (4g, 2a) also made big contributions.
Dane Dobbie was Calgary's leading offensive performer, scoring four goals and adding three assists. Ryan Martel and Chris Boushy netted a pair of goals each while Dan Taylor (1g) and rookie Reece Callies (1g), with his first NLL career goal, rounded out the scoring for the Riggers.
The Roughnecks now head south of the boarder for a double-header weekend as they visit the Seals on Friday, Jan. 18 at the Valley View Casino Centre and then face off against the Colorado Mammoth in a 3:00 p.m. matinee on Sunday, Jan. 20 at the Pepsi Center.
Single game tickets are now on sale for as low as $39.78 for adults (plus GST and applicable fees). Fans are encouraged to take advantage of the three new zones that offer enhanced fan experience and preferred pricing. These include the Student Zone with tickets available for $15 (plus GST and applicable fees), the Rough House Reserved available for $20 (plus GST and applicable fees) and the Family Zone. Visit Ticketmaster or the Scotiabank Saddledome box office to join the Rough House party. Fans can also secure a seat online at CalgaryRoughnecks.com or by calling 1-855-985-5000.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Rush Win Road Battle over Warriors - Saskatchewan Rush
- NLL Issues Statement on Wings' Arena Host Comments - NLL
- Knighthawks Edged by Seals - Rochester Knighthawks
- Warriors Rally, But Fall to Rush - Vancouver Warriors
- Seals Win Home-Opener in Front of Near-Capacity Crowd - San Diego Seals
- Rock Holds off Mammoth Late Charge - Toronto Rock
- Roughnecks Fall to Black Wolves - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.