Warriors Rally, But Fall to Rush
VANCOUVER BC - Four goals in the first five minutes helped propel the Saskatchewan Rush to a 14-10 victory over the Vancouver Warriors on Saturday night at Rogers Arena.
The loss wasn't without a dramatic comeback, as the Warriors rallied from a 5-0 first quarter deficit to tie the game 8-8 early in the third quarter. However, the defending NLL Champions were able to put together another rally of their own, scoring six of the final eight goals to put the victory away.
Eric Penney was solid in goal after relieving starter Aaron Bold. Penney came in and played the final 55 minutes of the game, turning aside 32 shots in the process and helping get his team back to even in this game.
Jordan McBride continued his strong play of late, potting his second consecutive hat trick to go along with two helpers for a five-point night, while Mitch Jones joined McBride with a hat trick of his own and two assists for a handful as well.
Brandon Goodwin, Tony Malcom, Colton Porter and Owen Barker also lit the lamp for the Warriors, who fall to 1-4 on the season.
The Vancouver Warriors are back in action next Saturday night, when the expansion San Diego Seals make the trek north. Opening faceoff is at 7 PM.
For tickets, please visit www.vancouverwarriors.com for more information or call 604-899-4625 (option 3).
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Rush Win Road Battle over Warriors - Saskatchewan Rush
- NLL Issues Statement on Wings' Arena Host Comments - NLL
- Knighthawks Edged by Seals - Rochester Knighthawks
- Warriors Rally, But Fall to Rush - Vancouver Warriors
- Seals Win Home-Opener in Front of Near-Capacity Crowd - San Diego Seals
- Rock Holds off Mammoth Late Charge - Toronto Rock
- Roughnecks Fall to Black Wolves - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.