Rodolfo Pizarro to Participate in Inaugural U.S. Soccer eSeries 1
MIAMI, FL. - Inter Miami CF Designated Player Rodolfo Pizarro is set to participate in the inaugural U.S. Soccer eSeries 1, a four-team eFootball tournament featuring Brazil, Mexico, Spain and the USA. The tournament will be streamed from June 3-6 on U.S. Soccer's Twitch account (@ussoccerofficial) and the ESPN App. Univision play-by-play announcer Ramses Sandoval and former U.S. Youth National Team midfielder Jordan Angeli will serve as hosts for the broadcast.
Pizarro will serve as Mexico's Men's National Team representative in the U.S. Soccer eSeries 1, while each country will also be represented by a Women's National Team and eNational Team player.
Pizarro and Mexico will first face the U.S. on Wednesday, June 3 at 8:10 p.m. ET in a battle of historic rivals. The team will then face Spain on Thursday, June 4 at 8:10 p.m. ET., and Brazil on Friday, June 5 at 8:10 p.m. ET.
The Inter Miami star has accumulated a record of success in virtual sporting competitions, including winning Inter Miami CF's FIFA 20 tournament as part of Twitch Stream Aid 2020. He also claimed victories in the Club's eFriendlies against Mexican National Team teammates RaÃºl Jiménez and Alan Pulido. Pizarro has previously represented Mexico in the FIFA eNations Stay and Play Cup on April 24, defeating Peru's and Vancouver Whitecaps FC forward Yordi Reyna, 2-1.
The MNT, WNT and eNT players from each nation will take on their counterparts in a three-legged match with aggregate scoring. After round-robin play, the top two finishers will face off in the eSeries 1 Final. The eNT and MNT players will play as the Men's National Teams of their respective nations and the WNT players will play as the Women's National Teams. All participants will compete in "85 Overall" mode on PlayStation 4.
Mexico will also be represented by Yanin Madrid of the WNT and VillaMore3 of the eNT. Meanwhile, the U.S. will be represented by Sean Johnson (MNT), Allie Long (WNT) and Fiddle (eNT). Spain will be represented by Dani Carvajal (MNT), Sheila Garcia (WNT) and JRA (eNT), while Brazil will be represented by Everton Ribeiro (MNT), Bia Zaneratto (WNT) and Resende (eNT).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 3, 2020
- Statement from the LA Galaxy on Tea Katai - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake, Utah Royals FC and Real Monarchs Players Announce Support for Salt Lake City School District Cultural Competency Program - Real Salt Lake
- MLS, Players Reach New Agreement, Sets Stage for Resuming 2020 Season - MLS
- D.C. United to Begin Voluntary Small Group Training at Audi Field on June 4 - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Return to Play - FC Dallas
- Kroenke Sports Charities Raises $54,000 for Local Food Banks Through Online Auction - Colorado Rapids
- Rodolfo Pizarro to Participate in Inaugural U.S. Soccer eSeries 1 - Inter Miami CF
- FCC Gamer Fiddle Called up to U.S. eNational Team, Will Represent U.S. in International Tournament - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Julian Carranza Defeats Everton F.C.'s Richarlison in Inter Miami's Second International eFriendly
- Inter Miami CF Academy Announces 2020-21 Season Roster
- Inside Inter Miami: Club Docuseries to Premiere on July 1
- Carranza to Play Richarlison in Inter Miami's International EFriendly vs. Everton F.C.
- Inter Miami CF's MLS Is Back Tournament Schedule and Broadcast Details Announced