FCC Gamer Fiddle Called up to U.S. eNational Team, Will Represent U.S. in International Tournament
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati eMLS player Gordon Thornsberry, known in the gaming world as Fiddle, has earned his first U.S. eNational Team (USeNT) call-up and will represent the United States in the inaugural U.S. Soccer eSeries 1, a four-team eFootball tournament featuring Brazil, Mexico, Spain and the USA, this week. Fiddle is the third USeNT player selected to represent the country since the team first competed a year ago in the FIFA eNations Cup 2019.
The tournament will be streamed from June 3-6 on U.S. Soccer's new Twitch account (@ussoccerofficial), as well as the ESPN app.
Each nation competing in the U.S. Soccer eSeries 1 Tournament will be comprised of a Men's National Team, Women's National Team and eNational Team player. USMNT goalkeeper Sean Johnson and USWNT midfielder Allie Long will represent the USA alongside Fiddle.
Fiddle is a Cincinnati-area product, growing up and currently living in Hamilton, Ohio.
"Being called up to the national team is something all FIFA players work towards," Fiddle said. "Representing my country will be something I will remember for years to come. I'm excited for the opportunity and I'm looking forward to getting results for the team!"
"We're thrilled for Fiddle," FCC president Jeff Berding said. "He's had a fantastic eMLS season with wins at the League Series One and League Series Two events, and was poised to have a great eMLS Cup run before it was unfortunately postponed. Like a player on the field, it's an honor to be called up to the national team, and we're incredibly proud of Fiddle's accomplishments and his opportunity to represent the United States. Our fans have embraced Fiddle and have supported his gaming exploits like they do our players on the field, and we know they'll continue to be there cheering him on this week in this international tournament."
The U.S. Soccer eSeries 1 Tournament will consist of round-robin play, with the top two finishers facing each other the eSeries 1 Final. The representatives from each nation will take on their counterparts in a three-legged match with aggregate scoring. The eNT and MNT players will play as the Men's National Teams of their respective nations and the WNT players will play as the Women's National Teams. All participants will compete in "85 Overall" mode on PlayStation 4.
Wednesday, June 3
Brazil vs. Spain
Wednesday, June 3
USA vs. Mexico
Thursday, June 4
USA vs. Brazil
Thursday, June 4
Mexico vs. Spain
Friday, June 5
USA vs. Spain
Friday, June 5
Mexico vs. Brazil
Saturday, June 6
Brazil Mexico Spain USA
MNT Everton Ribeiro (Flamengo) Rodolfo Pizarro (Inter Miami CF) Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid) Sean Johnson (New York City FC)
WNT Bia Zaneratto (Hyundai Steel Red Angels) Yanin Madrid (Pachuca) Sheila Garcia (Rayo Vallecano) Allie Long (OL Reign)
eNT Resende (Ellevens/Team Bundled) VillaMore3 (Cream Real Betis) JRA (Falcons/Racing Santander) Fiddle (FC Cincinnati)
Fiddle joined FC Cincinnati as the club's eMLS player in November 2018 after a spell with Paris-St. Germain. He won back-to-back eMLS events earlier this year, defeating the New York Red Bulls' George Adamou in the final of eMLS League Series One, and Atlanta United's Paulo Neto in the final of eMLS League Series Two.
Stay up-to-date with FC Cincinnati by following the club's social media accounts at @FCCincinnati or visiting fccincinnati.com. For the club's on-going updates related to the current public health crisis, please visit fccincinnati.com/season-suspension-updates.
Deposits are now being accepted for premium seating opportunities at West End Stadium, which will open in Spring 2021. A $100 deposit made by June 12 secures a place in line to select seats in one of the stadium's four distinct premium club areas. Traditional reserved seating will go on sale later in 2020. For more information about 2021 season memberships, visit westendstadium.com, or the stadium's social properties at @WestEndStadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 3, 2020
- Statement from the LA Galaxy on Tea Katai - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake, Utah Royals FC and Real Monarchs Players Announce Support for Salt Lake City School District Cultural Competency Program - Real Salt Lake
- MLS, Players Reach New Agreement, Sets Stage for Resuming 2020 Season - MLS
- D.C. United to Begin Voluntary Small Group Training at Audi Field on June 4 - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Return to Play - FC Dallas
- Kroenke Sports Charities Raises $54,000 for Local Food Banks Through Online Auction - Colorado Rapids
- Rodolfo Pizarro to Participate in Inaugural U.S. Soccer eSeries 1 - Inter Miami CF
- FCC Gamer Fiddle Called up to U.S. eNational Team, Will Represent U.S. in International Tournament - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Loan Forward Rashawn Dally to Las Vegas Lights FC
- FC Cincinnati Commits $250,000 to the FC Cincinnati Foundation to Support Programs Addressing Racial Disparities
- FC Cincinnati Donate $62,000 to United Way Through West End Stadium Deposits
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 22, 2020
- FC Cincinnati, Brighton & Hove Albion Agree to Extend Locadia's Loan