Robbie Keane Signs Multi-Year Contract Extension
CARSON, Calif. (Wednesday, January 16, 2013) - The LA Galaxy announced today that the club has agreed to a multi-year contract extension with forward Robbie Keane. The Galaxy MVP in 2012, Keane led the team with 16 goals in 28 regular season games while adding nine assists. In the postseason, Keane led MLS in goals with six as he led the Galaxy to their second consecutive MLS Cup championship. Per club and league policy, details of the contract were not released.
Since joining the Galaxy in August 2011, Keane has scored 18 goals and added 10 assists in 32 regular season games while adding seven goals and two assists in 10 postseason games. He scored 23 goals in all competitions in 2012 and was named to the MLS Best XI for the first time. The MLS Player of the Month in July 2012, Keane had a goal or an assist in 15 or the 19 regular season games that he played in after returning from the European Championships in late June. He finished the year with six multi-goal games in MLS play, including two in the MLS Cup Playoffs when he scored in each of the Galaxy's final four games, including a penalty kick in second half stoppage time of the 3-1 win over Houston in MLS Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 16, 2013
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Burns: Revs "definitely wanted to pursue" top pick - New England Revolution
- Toronto FC Acquire 4th Overall Pick and Allocation Money from New England - Toronto FC
- Chivas USA Has Second-Overall Pick in Thursday's 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Whitecaps FC Hold Two Top Ten Selections - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Revolution Trades up for No. 1 Pick in Thursday's MLS SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- Rapids Acquire 11th Overall SuperDraft Pick, Allocation Money, International Slot in Trade - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Acquire Midfielder Jeff Larentowicz from Colorado - Chicago Fire
- Robbie Keane Signs Multi-Year Contract Extension - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Juninho to Return to the LA Galaxy in 2013 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- SuperDraft Preview: Reloading and Restocking - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Acquires Rights to FW Robbie Findley from Portland - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Acquire Allocation from Real Salt Lake in Exchange for MLS Rights to Robbie Findley - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Set for Two Picks in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Houston Dynamo
- San Jose Earthquakes Hold Three Picks in Thursday's MLS SuperDraft - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles Galaxy Stories
- Full Schedule Announced for 2018 International Champions Cup Presented by Heineken
- LA Galaxy Tops Chicago 1-0
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Ola Kamara to Three-Year Contract
- LA Galaxy to Wear Jerseys Made from Parley Ocean Plastic for April 21 Match
- StubHub Center to Host 4th Annual Campeon de Campeones and SuperCopa MX Doubleheader on July 15