Rising to Host Preseason Match vs. Louisville City FC at Wild Horse Pass on Saturday, February 19
Phoenix Rising FC announced a slate of six preseason matches today, highlighted by a Saturday, Feb. 19, tilt against USL Championship mainstay Louisville City FC at Wild Horse Pass.
Phoenix Rising FC season-ticket members can attend the match as part of their 2022 membership. Members looking to purchase additional single-game tickets to that match can call or text 623-594-9606 or visit PHXRisingFC.com this Friday, Jan. 21. Single-game tickets for that match, which is set to kick off at 7 p.m., will be available to the public beginning Monday, Jan. 24.
This will be just the second meeting between these two clubs after Louisville claimed the 2018 USL title with a 1-0 win in Kentucky on Nov. 8, 2018. Phoenix (91-29-29, 70.8%) and Louisville (83-31-35, 67.4%) boast two of the top regular-season win percentages in the USL Championship since Rising entered the league in 2017.
Rising players and coaches will hold its first training session of 2022 at Wild Horse Pass on Monday, Jan. 30. The first media-availability session will be held in-person at Wild Horse Pass on Tuesday, Feb. 1.
Additional information including: dates, opponents, kickoff times, fan attendance, media access and streaming availability will be communicated as more information becomes available.
Phoenix Rising FC Preseason Schedule (subject to change)
- Tues., Feb. 8, vs. Houston Dynamo in Tucson at 2 p.m. (closed-door)
- Sat., Feb. 12, vs. Sporting KC at Wild Horse Pass (closed-door)
- Sat., Feb. 19, vs. Louisville City at Wild Horse Pass at 7 p.m. (public on-sale 1/21)
- Wed., Feb. 23, vs. Valley United FC at Wild Horse Pass (closed-door)
- Sat., March 5, vs. Grand Canyon University & FC Tucson at Wild Horse Pass at TBD (closed-door)
Rising has 21 players under contract for the 2022 season. Returning players include Joey Calistri, Lalo Delgado, Niall Dunn, Joe Farrell, Ryan Flood, Ivan Gutierrez, Darnell King, Kevon Lambert, Jonathan Levin, Manuel Madrid, Santi Moar, James Musa, Aodhan Quinn, Arturo Rodriguez and Luis Seijas.
New arrivals for 2022 include forward Greg Hurst, defender Channing Chasten, left back Baboucar Njie, winger Marcus Epps, midfielder Carlos Aguiano and forward Richmond Antwi.
Rising is set to open its 2022 season at Wild Horse Pass on Saturday, March 12, vs. Monterey Bay. Fans interested in learning more about attending a Phoenix Rising match in 2022 should click here. Fans looking to secure seats can click here to place a deposit.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 19, 2022
- Epicenter of the OC's Soccer Culture Adds OCSC Open Tryout to Its Pedigree - Orange County SC
- Oakland Roots Sign USL League One Standout Charlie Dennis - Oakland Roots
- Rising to Host Preseason Match vs. Louisville City FC at Wild Horse Pass on Saturday, February 19 - Phoenix Rising FC
- 901 FC Re-Signs 2021 Starting Goalkeeper John Berner - Memphis 901 FC
- LouCity Looks to Improve on the Road with 2022 Preseason Schedule - Louisville City FC
- Republic FC Sign Jack Gurr for 2022 Season - Sacramento Republic FC
- Hartford Athletic Signs Forward Prince Saydee - Hartford Athletic
- Hounds Add Robby Dambrot to Bolster Defensive Corps - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Sacramento's Academy Ready to Resume for Spring Playoff Push - Sacramento Republic FC
- FC Tulsa Lands El Salvador National Team Star Defender Ronald Rodríguez for 2022 Season - FC Tulsa
- San Antonio FC Signs Midfielder Ates Diouf - San Antonio FC
- New Mexico United Announces Addition of First Assistant Coach Masaki "Mac" Hemmi - New Mexico United
- Rowdies Holding Open Tryouts on February 13 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Rowdies Re-Sign Captain Sebastian Guenzatti - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Battery Sign Defensive Midfielder Dominic Oduro - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Phoenix Rising FC to Host Fan Appreciation Night on June 11
- Phoenix Rising Debuts Six Academy Players in Tough Loss at New Mexico United
- Phoenix Rising FC Signs Six Academy Players Ahead of Tuesday's Match in New Mexico
- Rising Faces New Mexico United for the Third Time this Season
- Phoenix Rising FC Match Scheduled for Tomorrow in New Mexico, Postponed Due to COVID