Hounds Add Robby Dambrot to Bolster Defensive Corps
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC has signed defender Robby Dambrot to a one-year contract with a club option for 2023. The deal is pending USL and U.S. Soccer Federation approval.
Dambrot, 27, spent the past three seasons with Loudoun United FC. He moved into a full-time starting role in 2021 with 27 games played, and he was one of just five players to log more than 2,000 minutes last year for the Hounds' divisional foe.
A 6-foot-2 defender and native of Akron, Ohio, Dambrot signed his first pro deal with Loudoun midway through the 2019 season after finishing his college career at Pitt.
"We are excited to get Robby back to Pittsburgh with his ties to the area," Riverhounds head coach Bob Lilley said. "He is a left-sided defender who can get forward with pace and quality, and he has the size and ability to defend in our system."
Dambrot began his college career at Akron, where he was part of the Zips' 2015 team that reached the NCAA semifinals, before making the move to Pitt as a graduate transfer in 2017. He finished his career with the Panthers in 2018 and helped the team to its first win in an ACC Tournament game after taking a medical redshirt the prior season.
Dambrot also has family ties in the Pittsburgh area; his father, Keith, is the head basketball coach at Duquesne University.
With the Hounds, Dambrot adds to an experienced back line that features returning players Mekeil Williams, Jelani Peters, Dani Rovira and Shane Wiedt, as well as newcomer Jesse Williams, as they prepare to begin preseason on Jan. 31.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 19, 2022
- Epicenter of the OC's Soccer Culture Adds OCSC Open Tryout to Its Pedigree - Orange County SC
- Oakland Roots Sign USL League One Standout Charlie Dennis - Oakland Roots
- Rising to Host Preseason Match vs. Louisville City FC at Wild Horse Pass on Saturday, February 19 - Phoenix Rising FC
- 901 FC Re-Signs 2021 Starting Goalkeeper John Berner - Memphis 901 FC
- LouCity Looks to Improve on the Road with 2022 Preseason Schedule - Louisville City FC
- Republic FC Sign Jack Gurr for 2022 Season - Sacramento Republic FC
- Hartford Athletic Signs Forward Prince Saydee - Hartford Athletic
- Hounds Add Robby Dambrot to Bolster Defensive Corps - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Sacramento's Academy Ready to Resume for Spring Playoff Push - Sacramento Republic FC
- FC Tulsa Lands El Salvador National Team Star Defender Ronald Rodríguez for 2022 Season - FC Tulsa
- San Antonio FC Signs Midfielder Ates Diouf - San Antonio FC
- New Mexico United Announces Addition of First Assistant Coach Masaki "Mac" Hemmi - New Mexico United
- Rowdies Holding Open Tryouts on February 13 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Rowdies Re-Sign Captain Sebastian Guenzatti - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Battery Sign Defensive Midfielder Dominic Oduro - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.