Rio Tinto Stadium to Welcome Fans to Next Three Whitecaps FC Home Matches
SANDY, Utah - Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced on Friday that the club will welcome fans to the next three upcoming matches at the team's temporary home at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Tickets are on sale now for the Wednesday, June 23 match against LA Galaxy, the Wednesday, July 7 match versus Real Salt Lake, and the Saturday, July 17 contest with LA Galaxy. Tickets are available at whitecapsfc.com/tickets and riotintostadium.com. Real Salt Lake Season Ticket Members will receive an e-mail with a link for a discounted ticket offer to these three matches.
"We have been pleasantly surprised with the interest from the local community to attend our home matches here in Utah," said Axel Schuster, Whitecaps FC sporting director and chief executive officer. "We miss our fans at BC Place, and we are very optimistic about playing in front of them later this season. Until then, our coaches and players have made clear that they would embrace the opportunity to play in front of fans here during any match. I have to once again give a tremendous amount of credit to Real Salt Lake for accommodating us and helping us offer tickets to our matches. We look forward to seeing people in the stands."
Due to the travel restrictions currently in place between the U.S. and Canada because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Whitecaps FC has made its base in Utah, training at America First Field in Sandy and playing home matches at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Whitecaps FC will continue to play home matches at Rio Tinto Stadium through to the end of July. The entire 'Caps team in Utah - players, coaches, and support staff - have all received their two shots and are now fully vaccinated. To learn more about vaccinations visit This Is Our Shot and to register in British Columbia visit gov.bc.ca.
For more information, contact Vancouver Whitecaps FC Communications at Communications@WhitecapsFC.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 4, 2021
- LAFC Loans Eight Players to Las Vegas Lights FC for Upcoming Match against Tacoma Defiance - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- LAFC Signs 18-Year-Old Mamadou Fall - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Signs Bryce Washington as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
- Romuald Peiser Named Goalkeeper Coach - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York Red Bulls Expand Medical Staff with Additional Team Physicians from Hospital for Special Surgery - New York Red Bulls
- Rio Tinto Stadium to Welcome Fans to Next Three Whitecaps FC Home Matches - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Sign SuperDraft Selection George Asomani - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC to Welcome Fans to Next Three Matches at Rio Tinto Stadium - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Nashville SC International Break RoundupÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Academy Update: U-12 and U-13 Teams Win USL Academy Cup - Inter Miami CF
- Mark Ingram II Joins D.C. United Ownership Group - D.C. United
- Matt Lawrey Named Atlanta United Academy Director - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Continues Three-Game Road Stretch Wednesday at LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Plays to Scoreless Draw at Houston
- Real Salt Lake Heads South to Face Houston Dynamo FC
- Real Salt Lake Clobbers Rapids 3-0
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Rocky Mountain Rival Colorado Rapids