Rincon Homers Three Times in Loss
Lancaster, CA - Despite Carlos Rincon tying a franchise record with three home runs, the Quakes dropped the rubber game of the three-game series in Lancaster on Thursday night, a final of 11-7.
Rincon, who homered in his final at-bat on Wednesday night, now has four homers in his last five at-bats and an incredible 15 in just 26 games since coming up from Great Lakes.
A six-run eighth blew open a close game, as the JetHawks jumped on reliever Sven Schueller to open the game.
Rincon smashed a pair of homers off Lancaster starter Ty Culbreth (6-8), but Colton Welker's two-run blast in the last of the sixth against Parker Curry (7-3) gave the JetHawks the lead for good.
Rancho got three in the ninth to tighten it up, but ultimately fell to finish 5-2 on the final road trip of the regular season.
Omar Estevez finished with two hits on the night, giving him a hit in 21 straight games, which is more than any player in the Cal League this year.
The Quakes (83-53, 48-18) return to LoanMart Field on Friday, taking on Inland Empire in the first game of a four-game set. Wills Montgomerie (1-1) will take on Erik Manoah of the 66ers with first pitch set for 7:05pm.
Fans can enjoy Family RV $1 Family Feast Night on Friday, with hot dogs, Pepsi products and ice cream sandwiches all just one dollar each. Tickets are available at rcquakes.com or by calling (909) 481-5000.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from August 31, 2018
- Bullpen Smothers Storm in Sixers' Regular Season Home Finale - Inland Empire 66ers
- Four More Homers in Home Win over I.E. - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Giants Bats Stymied in 3-1 Loss - San Jose Giants
- The Season Comes to a Close - Lake Elsinore Storm
- Nuts Rally Twice in Late Innings for Comeback Win - Visalia Rawhide
- Liberato's Eighth-Inning Single Gives Nuts Thrilling Win - Modesto Nuts
- JetHawks Win Home Finale vs. Quakes - Lancaster JetHawks
- Rincon Homers Three Times in Loss - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.