Four More Homers in Home Win over I.E.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA - Rancho Cucamonga opened their final home stand of the regular season with another win over their I-10 rivals, as the Quakes bested the Inland Empire 66ers by a final of 6-3 at LoanMart Field on Friday night.
?Rancho slugged four home runs to add to their franchise record-setting total (197) and the pitching staff enjoyed a solid night, sans a home run allowed to a former Quake.
Donovan Casey (6), Omar Estevez (15) Cody Thomas (18) and Nick Yarnall (7) all went deep for Rancho on Friday.
Casey's three-run shot in the first off Inland Empire starter Erik Manoah (2-12) set the tone and helped Rancho improve to 20-7 against the 66ers this year.
Rancho starter Wills Montgomerie enjoyed his best start of the year, firing 4 1/3 scoreless innings in a no-decision. Ryan Moseley (6-3) came on with two on and one out in the fifth and ended up getting out of the jam and pitching 1 2/3 innings to earn the win.
Jordan Sheffield gave up a three-run homer to former Quake Julian Leon in the seventh, as Inland Empire pulled to within three, at 6-3.
Logan Salow worked a perfect eighth, before having to face the tying run in the ninth, but earned his third save of the year with two scoreless frames overall.
Rancho (84-53, 49-18) will face Inland Empire again on Saturday, sending Isaac Anderson (9-6) to the mound, opposite Simon Mathews (4-6) at 7:05pm.
Saturday's game features post-game Fireworks thanks to Chaffey College! Tickets to the game are available online at rcquakes.com or by calling (909) 481-5000. Go Quakes!
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from August 31, 2018
- Bullpen Smothers Storm in Sixers' Regular Season Home Finale - Inland Empire 66ers
- Four More Homers in Home Win over I.E. - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Giants Bats Stymied in 3-1 Loss - San Jose Giants
- The Season Comes to a Close - Lake Elsinore Storm
- Nuts Rally Twice in Late Innings for Comeback Win - Visalia Rawhide
- Liberato's Eighth-Inning Single Gives Nuts Thrilling Win - Modesto Nuts
- JetHawks Win Home Finale vs. Quakes - Lancaster JetHawks
- Rincon Homers Three Times in Loss - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rancho Cucamonga Quakes Stories
- Quakes Named 2018 Cal League Organization of the Year
- Quakes Are Cal League Champions
- Quakes One Win Away After Hammering Visalia
- Quakes Win Game 1 in Visalia
- Quakes Advance to Championship Series