Riders Announce Coaching Moves
The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today they have agreed to terms with George Cortez to become the team's Offensive Coordinator.
Cortez joins the Riders after spending last season with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats as Head Coach and Director of Football Operations. The native of Port Arthur, Texas brings over three decades of coaching experience to the green and white, including 19 seasons in the Canadian Football League with four Grey Cup championships. This will be Cortez's second stint in Saskatchewan after spending the 2006 season as Offensive Line Coach.
Beyond that, the veteran coach had spent two seasons with the Buffalo Bills as Quarterbacks Coach and four seasons in the NCAA as an offensive coach at the University of California-Berkley.
Last season's Offensive Coordinator, Bob Dyce, remains with the team.
- The Riders also confirmed reports that Mike Sinclair has left the team to join the Chicago Bears as assistant defensive line coach.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 21, 2013
- Esks Release Steven Jyles - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Sign Porter, Parker and Bruce - Montreal Alouettes
- Riders Announce Coaching Moves - Saskatchewan Roughriders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.