Riders Add Terry Eisler to Coaching Staff
The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced the addition of Terry Eisler as the new Special Teams Coach.
Eisler, who was born and raised in Regina, joins the club after spending the last four years as the Special Teams Coach of the University of Alberta Golden Bears. That was his second stint coaching with the Golden Bears, having spent 12 seasons there previously including six as the offensive coordinator. Eisler also spent several seasons with the Edmonton Eskimos including one year as the club's Special Teams Coordinator.
"We are thrilled to add Terry Eisler to our staff as the Special Teams Coach," said Roughriders Head Coach and Special Teams Coordinator Craig Dickenson. "He is a tremendous teacher, motivator, and leader. I have coached against Terry in the past and have always respected the way his teams have played with great effort, enthusiasm, and discipline."
As a player, Eisler spent four years with Regina Rams (then of the Canadian Junior Football League). Afterwards he attended University of Saskatchewan and played four years with the Huskies.
Eisler joins the Roughriders after Merritt Bowden resigned to pursue another opportunity.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 13, 2019
- Riders Sign RB James Butler - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Alouettes Sign Five Draft Picks - Montreal Alouettes
- Riders Add Terry Eisler to Coaching Staff - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Stamps Ink Eight Draft Picks from 2019 Class - Calgary Stampeders
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Sign Four 2019 CFL Draft Choices - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Condell Named Offensive Coordinator of Tiger-Cats - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.