Condell Named Offensive Coordinator of Tiger-Cats
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday that Tommy Condell has been named the team's Offensive Coordinator. The football club also announced that June Jones has left the team to pursue other opportunities in professional football.
"Coach Condell has a proven track record as an offensive coordinator in the Canadian Football League and here in Hamilton," said Orlondo Steinauer, Head Coach of the Tiger-Cats. "We will certainly miss Coach June but we feel great about Tommy leading our offence moving forward."
Condell, 46, re-joined the Tiger-Cats in January as Wide Receivers Coach after spending the last two seasons with the Toronto Argonauts. He served as Toronto's Offensive Coordinator and Receivers Coach in 2018, and Receivers Coach in 2017 where he was part of the team's Grey Cup Championship season. Prior to the joining the Argonauts staff, Condell served as Offensive Coordinator and Receivers Coach of the Tiger-Cats for three seasons (2013-15). During that span, Hamilton's offence ranked at or near the top of the CFL in numerous categories.
To view Condell's full coaching bio, please click HERE.
"June is pursuing another opportunity in professional football," said Steinauer. "We appreciate all of his tireless work with the Tiger-Cats as he leaves the team in a much better position than when he arrived. We are all extremely happy for Coach June and wish him nothing but success in his new role."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 13, 2019
- Riders Sign RB James Butler - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Alouettes Sign Five Draft Picks - Montreal Alouettes
- Riders Add Terry Eisler to Coaching Staff - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Stamps Ink Eight Draft Picks from 2019 Class - Calgary Stampeders
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Sign Four 2019 CFL Draft Choices - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Condell Named Offensive Coordinator of Tiger-Cats - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.