RGV Vipers Acquire Forward Chris Johnson
Edinburg, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers, the NBA Development League affiliate of the Houston Rockets, announced today that they have acquired forward Chris Johnson and waived guard Paul Jesperson.
Chris Johnson is a 6'6, 201 lbs. forward from the University of Dayton. Johnson was drafted with the seventh overall pick in the 2012 NBA Development League Draft. Johnson played in three seasons with the Vipers from 2012-15. During his NBA D-League career, Johnson has averaged 15.1 points per game and 5.21 rebounds per game.
Chris Johnson has suited up for various NBA teams such as the Memphis Grizzlies, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers, Milwaukee Bucks and most recently the Utah Jazz. During the 2015-16 season, Johnson appeared in 70 games for the Jazz.
Paul Jesperson appeared in one games for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, in a 152-128 win over Maine Red Claws.
The RGV Vipers host LA D-Fenders back to back on Saturday, November 26 and Sunday, November 27. Season tickets for the Vipers 2016-17 season are on sale now. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-972-1144 or visit the Vipers Pro Shop in Uptown Plaza.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 23, 2016
- Energy Run Away from Drive in Second Half - Grand Rapids Drive
- Big Third Quarter Propels Energy over Drive - Iowa Wolves
- RGV Vipers Acquire Forward Chris Johnson - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Rashad Vaughn Recalled from Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- D-Fenders vs. Northern Arizona Suns - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Detroit Pistons Assign Henry Ellenson and Michael Gbinije - Grand Rapids Drive
- Bighorns Defeat Texas with Buzzer Beater Finish - Reno Bighorns
- Richardson's Buzzer-Beater Sinks Legends - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.