Revolution Heath Totten signed by LA Dodgers
On Sunday, June 22 the Los Angeles Dodgers purchased the contract of RHP Heath Totten from the York Revolution of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball.
This season for York, Totten appeared in four relief appearances going 0-1 with a 7.94 ERA in five games. He was signed by York on Saturday, June 14, 2008, after beginning the season in the Minnesota Twins organization at Triple-A Rochester of the International League. There he was 0-2 with a 5.79 ERA in 28 innings, over 16 games which included four starts.
In 2007, Totten split time between Triple-A Ottawa of the International League, and Double-A Reading of the Eastern League in the Philadelphia Phillies organization. Originally drafted by the Dodgers in the fifth round of the 2000 draft, he was with that organization from 2000 through 2006, going as high as Triple-A Las Vegas in the Pacific Coast League. 2008 is Totten's 10th professional season.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from June 23, 2008
- 'Stormers over Sharks - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Bears win in extras - Newark Bears
- Pats power past Ducks - Somerset Patriots
- Webbed news - Long Island Ducks
- Valentine Rejoins Ducks - Long Island Ducks
- Revolution Heath Totten signed by LA Dodgers - York Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.