Revolution Extend Hurricane Harvey Fundraiser
York, Pa. - With dreary weather in the area and the fate of tonight's game still up in the air, York Revolution, American Red Cross, and Bailey Coach officials announced this morning that the team's planned fundraiser and supply drive for Hurricane Harvey flood relief has been extended to include tomorrow night's doubleheader against the Long Island Ducks.
"As of right now, we are still planning to play tonight, but we know people would prefer to come out for a beautiful evening of baseball," said Revolution President Eric Menzer. "With tomorrow's weather looking much more favorable, we really hope Yorkers will take the opportunity to come out for a great night and a great cause."
All proceeds from ticket sales for both tonight and tomorrow's games will be donated to the American Red Cross to directly support flood relief efforts in the Houston area, which includes Sugar Land, home of the Revolution's fellow Atlantic League team, the Skeeters.
PeoplesBank announced earlier that it will match those proceeds and effectively double the monetary support for the region.
Bailey Coach, a FEMA-certified motorcoach company that has already driven donated supplies to the affected area, will also extend its supply drive and be at PeoplesBank Park for tonight's game (if played) and tomorrow's doubleheader to collect donations of hygiene and baby products.
Tonight's game is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. Tomorrow's doubleheader (necessitated by Tuesday's rainout) will feature two seven-inning games beginning at 5 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at www.yorkrevolution.com, by calling (717) 801-HITS, or in the Apple Chevrolet Ticket Office at the ballpark.
About the York Revolution:
The York Revolution Professional Baseball Club is a member of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. The Revolution were Atlantic League Champions in 2010 and 2011. The 2017 season will be the team's 11th. Located at 5 Brooks Robinson Way, PeoplesBank Park hosts all 70 home games, in addition to myriad events through the entire calendar year. For tickets or more information, please call 717-801-HITS (4487) or visit the Revolution online at www.YorkRevolution.com .
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from September 6, 2017
- Lan 11, Nbt 10 (Story) - Lancaster Barnstormers
- bluefish win fifth straight in rain-shortened game over skeeters - Bridgeport Bluefish
- Revolution Extend Hurricane Harvey Fundraiser - York Revolution
- ONCE AGAIN, CLOSE BUT NOT QUITE Lancaster Falls, 7-6 - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Somerset Records 17 Hits in 10-3 Win over Southern Maryland - Somerset Patriots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent York Revolution Stories
- FestivICE Fills Next Weekend with Free Fun
- Revolution Constructing All-Star 2019 Season
- FestivICE to Feature Record Number of Ice Sculptures, Three Days of Family Friendly Fun
- Donate Clothes for Revolution Tickets
- York Traditions Bank, Eventive Plan Biggest FestivICE Yet