Returning Players Decided for "Legends Weekend
ODESSA, TX - For the third straight year, the Odessa Jackalopes will welcome back and honor former players in their annual "Legends Weekend" scheduled for February 25th and 26th against the Arizona Sundogs.
This year's returning players include Pascal Bedard (pas-KAHL beh-DARD), Mike Gorman, Scott Green, and Johan Hagman (YOH-han HAG-man).
Bedard spent three seasons in the Permian Basin from 2004-07, skating in 184 games while compiling 83 points as a defenseman for the Jacks - 18 goals, 65 assists.
Gorman owns nearly every record for a goaltender in franchise history, and is one of the longest tenured players to ever wear a Jackalopes uniform, skating seven seasons for the team. He's the career franchise leader in games played, minutes played, wins, saves, and shutouts. His 2.76 career GAA is third in team history and his .920 SV% is second overall. During the 2002-03 season Gorman put together a 184:45 span without allowing a goal that included three straight shutouts and is the fifth longest stretch in Central Hockey League history.
Scott Green played the final two seasons of his pro career in Odessa, appearing in 108 games from 2002-04. The forward scored 29 goals and added 43 assists for 72 points during that time.
Hagman was the leading scorer on the Jackalopes' first playoff team in the 1998-99 season - the second year of existence for the club. In 52 games the Sweden native scored 17 goals and tallied 40 assists for a 57 point campaign.
The Jacks will wear specialty jerseys for the weekend against Arizona with both games starting at 7:05 PM CST. The jerseys worn by both the current and former players will be auctioned off after Saturday's contest.
Fans will have the chance to meet the returning "legends" at both games during the weekend. For more information call (432) 552-7825 or visit jackalopes.org
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2011
- Joel Martin Called up to NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mallards Stop Colorado 4-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Berry, Nolan Lead Mavericks Past RiverKings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Quick Strikes Help Quad City Stifle Eagles' Streak at Seven - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder this Week - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Colorado's Kyle Jones Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Fans Have a Chance to Win a Date with Dayton Gems Player Kyle Bochek - Dayton Gems
- Returning Players Decided for "Legends Weekend - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks to Welcome Nearly 5,000 Kids Thursday - Laredo Bucks
- Galvin Traded to Bloomington for Lovell - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.