Republic FC Will Host Two Nationally Broadcast Matches on the ESPN Network for the First Time in Club History
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento Republic FC announced today they will host two nationally broadcast matches at Papa Murphy's Park this season as part of ESPN's Game of the Week schedule for USL Championship. The club's July 3rd match against regional rivals Fresno FC will be aired nationally on ESPN3, while their August 7th game against Eric Wynalda's Las Vegas Lights FC will be broadcast live on ESPNews. It will be the first time Republic FC hosts two matches on the ESPN network and first time the club has a game broadcast live on a national cable channel.
"We're thrilled to be part of the partnership with ESPN and have our club highlighted multiple times this season," said Republic FC President & COO Ben Gumpert. "It's an incredible opportunity to showcase to a national audience our club, our city, and especially our passionate fans who create the best home field advantage in our league."
Republic FC's August matchup against Las Vegas Lights FC was originally scheduled for August 10, but has been moved to Wednesday, August 7, to be part of ESPN's Game of the Week slate.
In addition to the Game of the Week schedule, all of Republic FC's regular-season contests will be available in the U.S. through ESPN+, which also broadcasts Serie A, Major League Soccer, the English Football League, USL League One and UEFA Nations League, as well as numerous other competitions from around the world.
Locally, a record 26 of Republic FC's regular-season matches will also be broadcast live via KQCA My58 and Estrella TV Sacramento. The club's full TV schedule is available at SacRepublicFC.com/club-schedule.
Republic FC kick off their season on March 9 at 7:30 p.m. at Papa Murphy's Park in Cal Expo against Real Monarchs SLC. Tickets are available via Ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 28, 2019
- Republic FC Will Host Two Nationally Broadcast Matches on the ESPN Network for the First Time in Club History - Sacramento Republic FC
- Nashville SC to Play on National TV Twice in 2019 USL Championship Season - Nashville SC
- Indy Eleven Square Off Against Nashville SC - Indy Eleven
- New Mexico United Partners with KraneShares on Inaugural Away Jersey - New Mexico United
- NCFC to Feature on ESPN3 and ESPNews in July and August - North Carolina FC
- Hartford Athletic Featured on ESPN as USL Championship's Game of the Week - Hartford Athletic
- STLFC to Feature on ESPN3 Game of the Week - Saint Louis FC
- Bigger, Better, Bolder - ESPN Game of the Week Schedule Unveiled for USL Championship - USL
- ESPN to Televise Memphis 901 FC's Match against ATL UTD 2 at AutoZone Park - Memphis 901 FC
- 2019 Fresno FC Jersey Reveal Tongiht at 7pm at Tioga-Sequoia - Fresno FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Acquires Defender Walter Cortes - Philadelphia Union II
- Loudoun United FC to Host a Jersey Reveal Event on Saturday - Loudoun United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Republic FC Sign Midfielder Tucker Bone
- Boards for Change, Republic FC Prepare Black History Month Auction to Benefit Community Organizations
- By the Numbers: Tomas Gomez
- Republic FC Bolsters Technical Staff with Addition of Matt Glaeser
- Around the Leagues: Derbies for Days