Republic FC Send Mitchell Taintor to San Antonio FC
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento Republic FC announced today that the club has reached an agreement with USL Championship side San Antonio FC for Mitchell Taintor, sending the defender's rights to the Texas club. At the end of the 2021 season, Republic FC exercised the contract option to retain Taintor and negotiated a transfer with San Antonio FC. Per club policy, the terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Taintor departs after spending a total of two and a half seasons with Republic FC. The defender first signed with Sacramento ahead of the 2018 season and remained with the club through 2019. As a free agent, he signed with San Antonio FC for the 2020 season before returning to the Republic FC in 2021. Last August, the club announced a pair of loans which would send Taintor to San Antonio FC, and bring Emil Cuello to Sacramento.
Between both stints with Republic FC, Taintor made 76 starts in 84 appearances. He has also contributed four goals and four assists, including a late game score against San Diego.
Taintor and San Antonio FC will meet up with Republic FC twice during the 2022 season. The full USL Championship season is expected to be announced later this month.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 4, 2022
- Around the Leagues: Offseason in Full Swing with a Flurry of Transfers and Signings - Sacramento Republic FC
- Republic FC Send Mitchell Taintor to San Antonio FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- San Antonio FC Acquires Defender Mitchell Taintor from Sacramento Republic FC - San Antonio FC
- Jake Davis Named Goalkeepers Coach - Hartford Athletic
- Luka Prpa Re-Signs with Hartford Athletic - Hartford Athletic
- Key Midfielder Gibson Re-Signs with LouCity - Louisville City FC
- The Miami FC Sign El Salvador International Christian Sorto on a Two-Year Deal - Miami FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.