Jake Davis Named Goalkeepers Coach
Hartford Athletic has named Jake Davis as First Team Assistant Coach and Goalkeepers Coach for the 2022 season. He spent three months on the Hartford staff as a part-time assistant in 2021.
"The team behind the team is key and I believe we have one of the most talented young Goalkeeper Coaches in the country in Jake," said Head Coach Harry Watling. "He was pivotal in the form of Jeff Caldwell last season and we are delighted to have him on our staff this season."
Davis spent the past three seasons working as the Goalkeepers Coach for the University of Virginia Women's soccer program. During the 2019 season, Virginia was ranked number one in the nation for eight consecutive weeks. In 2020, the Cavaliers posted four straight shutouts in the NCAA Tournament on a run to the national semifinal. Last fall, the Cavaliers recorded 13 clean sheets and allowed just 13 goals in 23 games, winning the ACC Regular Season Championship.
Davis joined the Cavalier program after serving as the goalkeeper coach at Assumption College where he trained the goalkeepers for the program. He also worked with the Boston Bolts USL 2 team and the Boston Bolts DA team. He worked with the goalkeepers through all levels.
"I am very excited to reunite with Coach Watling and Hartford Athletic," Davis said. "The time I spent with the club last season really helped me grow as a coach and provide me with clarity on my next step in coaching. It was clear to me that I wanted to be back in Hartford. I can't wait to get started and help our goalkeepers develop. I look forward to working with all our players to help them become the best possible versions of themselves, and to get us back to the playoffs next season."
More information on returning players, new player signings, and the 2022 schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 4, 2022
- Around the Leagues: Offseason in Full Swing with a Flurry of Transfers and Signings - Sacramento Republic FC
- Republic FC Send Mitchell Taintor to San Antonio FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- San Antonio FC Acquires Defender Mitchell Taintor from Sacramento Republic FC - San Antonio FC
- Jake Davis Named Goalkeepers Coach - Hartford Athletic
- Luka Prpa Re-Signs with Hartford Athletic - Hartford Athletic
- Key Midfielder Gibson Re-Signs with LouCity - Louisville City FC
- The Miami FC Sign El Salvador International Christian Sorto on a Two-Year Deal - Miami FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Athletic Stories
- Hartford Athletic and Connecticut Veterans Affairs Military & Veterans Appreciation Night - May 28th
- Back at Home, Hartford Look to Close the Month Strong against Phoenix
- Hartford Athletic Match vs. FC Tulsa Rescheduled
- Hartford Athletic Match vs FC Tulsa Postponed
- Hartford Look for Three in a Row, Will be Tested in Tulsa