RedHawks Win 4-3 in Game Two of NDCS; One Game Away from Series Win
FARGO, ND - After a one-run pitching battle on Wednesday, it was more of the same Thursday night at Newman Outdoor Field as the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks scored early and held on for a 4-3 win over the St. Paul Saints to take a commanding 2-0 lead as the best-of-five North Division Championship Series shifts to St. Paul.
Fargo-Moorhead's starting pitching was the difference again as it was Michael Tamburino who came up clutch, coming back from a rocky first inning to put in a stellar outing tonight. He loaded the bases in the first on a single, a hit batter, and an error, but got out of the inning - stranding two Saints on base - after giving up only one run. Tamburino went on to finish Game 2 with seven innings pitched, allowing two runs, eight hits, no walks, and he picked up five strikeouts.
The RedHawks responded immediately, scoring three runs in the bottom of the inning on back-to-back home runs from Chris Jacobs and Correlle Prime. Fargo-Moorhead tacked on one more run in the fourth inning on a pair of wild pitches from St. Paul's starting pitch Landon Beck. Beck earned the loss after giving up four runs over five innings.
The Saints came back to score one run in the sixth on back-to-back doubles off Tamburino to cut the Hawks' lead to two runs. Josh Allen hit a solo shot to right field off Brent Jones in the eighth to bring St. Paul to within a run, but Geoff Broussard came in to close out the game emphatically with a flyout and a pair of strikeouts to pick up his second save of the postseason.
The series now switches to St. Paul for Game 3 on Saturday. Fargo-Moorhead LHP Tyler Pike is expected to start against St. Paul RHP Eddie Medina on Saturday at CHS Field. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 6, 2019
- T-Bones Come up Empty in Game Two - Kansas City T-Bones
- RedHawks Win 4-3 in Game Two of NDCS; One Game Away from Series Win - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Karch Dominates T-Bones to Even up Series - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- RedHawks Win 4-3 in Game Two of NDCS; One Game Away from Series Win
- Jim Bennett Named 2019 American Association Manager of the Year
- RedHawks Take Game One of NDCS with 3-2 Victory over Saints
- RedHawks Yhoxian Medina Named 2019 American Association Defensive Player of the Year
- RedHawks to Start 2019 Aa Playoffs at Home against St. Paul Saints