RedHawks Clip AirHogs as Losing Streak Hits Four
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - After getting only one hit the previous night, the Grand Prairie AirHogs began Tuesday's game with no hits in the first three innings, before Brian Myrow got the AirHogs' first hit in the fourth. But by then they were down 2-0, and never were able to get back even, as the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks won their first ever game at QuikTrip Park by a score of 6-4.
The RedHawks (59-29) got their lead thanks to a two-out rally in the third, with a single by Nic Jackson and a two-run home run by Eric Campbell off Nick DeBarr (12-7). After stranding Myrow in the third, the AirHogs (46-43) got a run back on a hit by Yasutsugu Nishimoto in the fourth, but Jonny Kaplan bounced into a 6-4-3 double play with runners at the corners to prevent Grand Prairie from getting the tying run.
DeBarr had perfect innings in the fourth and fifth, but ran into trouble in the sixth, before a two-run broken-bat single by Marcos Rodriguez put Fargo-Moorhead up 4-1.
Alex Caldera (10-2) allowed a solo home run to Trent Lockwood in the seventh, and Kevin Fuqua, Joe Harris and Tom Boleska combined to allow the AirHogs two runs on four hits in the final 2 1/3 innings, but Grand Prairie's bullpen could not hold the RedHawks down, and Carlo Cota hit his third home run of the season with two outs in the eighth to give Fargo-Moorhead enough insurance.
Notes: Boleska picked up his league-leading 27th save...The AirHogs' nine hits were picked up by nine different hitters.Three RedHawks had multi-hit games.A night after drawing nine walks, the AirHogs only drew one.Fargo-Moorhead is now 5-0 against Grand Prairie this year.This is the second time this season the AirHogs have lost four straight home games.
The 2011 American Association Champion Grand Prairie AirHogs continue their three-game series against the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks, on Wednesday, August 22, at 7:05 p.m. All games are aired live and for free on Ustream by clicking on the link on the AirHogs' home page or visiting http://www.ustream.tv/channel/airhogs-baseball with selected contests aired on Time Warner Cable's Texas Channel. For information on tickets, promotions, advertising, and other opportunities with the AirHogs, check out the Web site at www.airhogsbaseball.com, or call the QuikTrip Park office at (972) 504-9383.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 21, 2012
- RedHawks Clip AirHogs as Losing Streak Hits Four - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Canizares Catapults Fish Past RailCats - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Drop Series Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Scurry Fans Nine in Pheasants Win over Lincoln - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Roll Boulders 9-1, Win Fifth Straight - St. Paul Saints
- Martinez Launches Walk-Off as Explorers Top T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wilder Launches First Career HR But D Costs 'Dogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- RedHawks to Begin Playoff Ticket Sales Thursday - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Canizares' Big Bat Added to Lineup, Weber Placed on Waivers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Showdown 2012: Obama/Romney Bobblection - St. Paul Saints
- Diablos Announce August 21 Thru August 23 Promotions - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Results - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs