Red Wings use bats to power past Pilots
The Geneva Red Wings tallied up 14 runs in a 14-9 win over the Newark Pilots. Jared Sasaki made his debut with Geneva, giving up 4 ER on on 7 H.
Tanner Murray led the attack for Geneva, which included a 2 run home run to put the Red Wings up 3-1. He would finish the night 3-3, needing only a double to complete the cycle.
Geneva blew open the ball game with a 9 run sixth inning, which included a lead-off double from Jared Gillis. Gillis would go 3-5 on the night, scoring 3 times and adding and RBI.
The red Wings would grab a 14-4 lead, which would be enough for the win.
Grady Wright was strong for the Pilots, notching a solo home run and 3 hits on the evening.
The two teams will meet once again tomorrow night in Geneva for the eighth time this year. The Red Wings hold the season series 4-3 after the win tonight.
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from July 13, 2018
- Stone Like a Rock in Stallions's Win - Saugerties Stallions
- Watertown beats Utica 10-8 and moves up to second in PGCBL Central - Utica Blue Sox
- Red Wings use bats to power past Pilots - Newark Pilots
- Diamond Dawgs Shut Out By Adirondack On Little Falls Mets Night - Mohawk Valley DiamondDawgs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.