18 Hits Propel Pilots past Sox
Newark picked up consecutive wins for the first time this season as they defeated the Utica Blue Sox 12-5. After allowing 2 runs in the top frame of the first, the Pilots would add 8 runs of their own in the first 3 innings to jump out to an 8-2 lead.
The lead would be preserved by starting pitcher Allen Murphy who pitched 5 innings, giving up 4 runs on 7 hits.
Indian Springs, AL native Matt Cerfolio had a pair of RBI's to score the first two run of the games for the Pilots. Parker Tadlock would continue his strong play at the plate, going 3-6 with 2 RBI's. Along with Tadlock, Jared DeSantolo stayed hot with 3 hits and 2 RBI's.
Mohammed Hussien would be a bright spot for the Blue Sox's tonight, driving in a run on 3 hits.
The Pilots will try to stay hot when they travel Elmira to face the Pioneers on thursday.
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from July 10, 2018
- DiamondDawgs Nick Dutchmen, 8-7 - Albany Dutchmen
- Mohawks split double-header with rival Saugerties - Amsterdam Mohawks
- 18 Hits Propel Pilots past Sox - Newark Pilots
- Dutchmen Slam Three Home Runs, But Mohawk Valley Slams Door on Albany, 8-7 - Mohawk Valley DiamondDawgs
- Geneva Completes Double-Header Sweep of Jamestown - Geneva Red Wings
- Stallions See Winning Streak End - Saugerties Stallions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.