Pilots walk off, Top Jammers in Extras
A back and forth affair at Colburn Park saw the Pilots walk off in the bottom of the tenth inning to defeat the Jamestown Jammers by a final score of 7-6.
What has been the story of the year for the Pilots, Allen Murphy was a crucial player at the plate going 2-4 with a pair of RBI's.
The Pilots jumped out to a 6-2 lead before the Jammers came fighting back to tie the game at 6 apiece in the top of the eighth inning. Chase Keng helped with the come back effort, dricing in a pair of RBI's for the Jammers.
There would be free baseball in Newark as the teams remained locked even at 6 all. After the Jammers elected to walk the bases loaded with a runner on second, catcher Ty Babin would play hero as he drove and RBI single into right field, bringing home the winning run.
The Pilots picked up their eight win of the year by defeating the league leading Jammer. Newark takes to the road tomorrow as they travel to Watertown to take on the Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from July 7, 2018
- Stallions Top Geneva 6-4 - Saugerties Stallions
- Pilots walk off, Top Jammers in Extras - Newark Pilots
- Diamond Dawgs Batter Watertown Pitching, Outpace Rapids 14-3 - Mohawk Valley DiamondDawgs
- Mohawks outlast Glens Falls in a nail biter to tie season series - Amsterdam Mohawks
- Albany Dutchmen Sweep Oneonta Outlaws in PGCBL Doubleheader - Albany Dutchmen
- Late Game Heroics Help Wings Salvage Split - Geneva Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.