Geneva downs Newark, Clinches Playoff Berth
The Geneva Red Wings came into Colburn Park in search of a playoff berth for the second straight season in the Perfect Game League. A 13-6 win over the Pilots insured that reality.
The Red Wings wasted no time, scoring 7 runs in the top frame of the first to get them off and running. Zac Miller powered the Red Wings attack, going 3-5 with 3 RBI's on the night.
Geneva pitcher Trace Holder picked up the win on the mound, giving up 3 earned runs in the game. Tanner Murray would also contribute for the Red Wings, adding 2 RBI's on 3 hits.
Joey Haas would pitch the last 2 innings for the Red Wings, helping clinch their playoff berth into the 2018 PGCBL playoffs.
The two teams link up once again tomorrow when they face off in a double header at Colburn Park. First pitch for game 1 is scheduled for 5:05.
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from July 28, 2018
- Stallions Cruise by Glens Falls 12-5 - Saugerties Stallions
- Mohawks Clinch East Division in rout of Oneonta - Amsterdam Mohawks
- Geneva downs Newark, Clinches Playoff Berth - Newark Pilots
- Diamond Dawgs Wrap Up Central With 5-2 Win Over Utica - Mohawk Valley DiamondDawgs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.