Red Claws, TD Bank Launch "Fueling the Frontline" Today
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Red Claws, on behalf of the Boston Celtics Shamrock Foundation, have teamed up with TD Bank to launch 'Fueling the Frontline', a six-week community initiative aimed at supporting local restaurants while also providing meals to a wide range of frontline workers in Maine.
As part of the program, TD Bank will join the Red Claws in purchasing food from six small businesses owned by Red Claws Season Ticket Members. The meals will be prepared by those businesses and delivered to frontline essential workers and those most impacted throughout their respective communities during this COVID-19 pandemic.
"Fueling the Frontline with TD Bank allows us to support small businesses that support us, and in turn support and give thanks to those working the front lines during this time of need," said Red Claws President Dajuan Eubanks.
"We're honored to come together with the Red Claws to express our gratitude to frontline workers during this challenging time," said Larry Wold, Market President of Maine, TD Bank. "This initiative is a great opportunity to join forces to help support this community and the small businesses that make it so special."
'Fueling the Frontline' tipped off today with Tomaso's Canteen in Portland, which prepared and delivered meals in support of the Portland Police Department at its downtown headquarters. The donation will feed all 75 essential workers at the department. On May 12, Portland Pie Company will provide meals for North East Mobile Services, and Pizza Villa will prepare food for three downtown Portland fire houses on May 20. Other participating restaurants will be announced in the coming weeks.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from May 5, 2020
- Wisconsin Herd Exercises Team Option on Head Coach Chase Buford - Wisconsin Herd
- Drive, Griffins, Whitecaps and WMSC Unite as "One Team for West Michigan" - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws, TD Bank Launch "Fueling the Frontline" Today - Maine Red Claws
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maine Red Claws Stories
- Red Claws President Dajuan Eubanks Named 2019-20 NBA G League Team Executive of the Year
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws
- Tacko Fall, Tremont Waters Receive All-NBA G League Honors
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws on Cancellation of 2019-20 NBA G League Season