Wisconsin Herd Exercises Team Option on Head Coach Chase Buford
OSHKOSH, Wis - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, has exercised the second-year option on Head Coach Chase Buford.
"Chase has done a tremendous job in his first season at the helm," said Milwaukee Bucks Vice President of Basketball Operations and Wisconsin Herd General Manager Dave Dean. "As an organization, we're thrilled to have Chase return for a second season, and we look forward to his leadership and continued development as we build off the current campaign."
Thus far, Buford has led the Herd to a 33-10 record, which serves as the best mark in the G League. Aside from owning the league's best record, the 33 wins have matched the franchise's win total from its first two seasons combined.
Under his watch, the Herd lead the league in rebounds (52.5) and opponent field goal percentage (42.9%) and have posted the second-highest scoring average (120.9). The Herd have won 15 games by double figures this season and are currently on pace to join the 2014-15 Rio Grande Valley Vipers as the only teams in league history to average 120 points and 50 rebounds in the same season.
In conjunction with in-game success, Buford's player development efforts have resulted in numerous awards and accolades. Dragan Bender and Jaylen Adams have garnered Player of the Week honors, while Rayjon Tucker, Frank Mason III and Adams earned the Player of the Month award in three consecutive months. In addition, Tucker signed with the Utah Jazz in December and became the fourth Wisconsin Herd player to make the jump from the G League to the NBA.
After leading his team to a league-best 8-2 record, Buford was named NBA G League Coach of the Month for January. He stands as the lone head coach in franchise history to earn Coach of the Month honors.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from May 5, 2020
- Wisconsin Herd Exercises Team Option on Head Coach Chase Buford - Wisconsin Herd
- Drive, Griffins, Whitecaps and WMSC Unite as "One Team for West Michigan" - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws, TD Bank Launch "Fueling the Frontline" Today - Maine Red Claws
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Wisconsin Herd Exercises Team Option on Head Coach Chase Buford
- Wisconsin Herd Players to Participate in First-Ever NBA 2k League Three for All Showdown
- Wisconsin Herd Sweeps Back-To-Back and Downs Capital City 136-122
- Herd Channels New York State of Mind and Sweeps Westchester in Season Series Finale
- Wisconsin Herd Celebrates Local Heroes with Second Annual Boots vs. Badges Game