Red Claws President Dajuan Eubanks Named 2019-20 NBA G League Team Executive of the Year
PORTLAND, Maine - The NBA G League announced today that Maine Red Claws Team President Dajuan Eubanks has been named NBA G League Team Executive of the Year for the 2019-20 G League season.
The award is given annually to recognize the team executive of one of the league's most successful teams. Selected by team presidents, Eubanks earns the honor after a winning Red Claws season both on and off the court.
"It's an honor to receive this award, in particular to be recognized by my peers," said Eubanks. "This is truly a team effort. I appreciate everyone's support, and I look forward to continued success within the Boston Celtics organization."
"It's been a pleasure working with Dajuan and his team at the Red Claws," said Boston Celtics Team President Rich Gotham. "We're proud to see him recognized for leading the team to new heights both on and off the court."
A member of the Red Claws organization since the team's first season in 2009, Eubanks helped lead Maine through the change in ownership to the Boston Celtics in 2019-20. While the Red Claws enjoyed another successful season on the court, finishing 1st in the Atlantic Division in a pandemic-shortened campaign, as the Red Claws saw substantial growth off the court as well. Until the suspension of the G League season in March, Eubanks helped drive attendance to a 30 percent increase during the 2019-20 season, which led to the team playing in its home arena at 97 percent capacity, including 16 out of 19 home sellouts.
Under Eubanks' leadership, the Red Claws continued to be league leaders away from the Expo and in community, even during the COVID-19 pandemic. In May, the Red Claws, on behalf of the Boston Celtics Shamrock Foundation, teamed up with TD Bank to launch 'Fueling the Frontline', a six-week community initiative aimed at supporting local restaurants owned by Red Claws Season Ticket Members while also providing meals to essential workers.
Eubanks becomes the second Red Claws President to win Team Executive of the Year, joining Jon Jennings who won the award in Maine's inaugural 2009-10 season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 9, 2021
- RAPTORS 905 NAMED NBA G LEAGUE FRANCHISE OF THE YEAR - Raptors 905
- Former Spur Fabricio Oberto Joins Austin Spurs 2021 Broadcast Team - Austin Spurs
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Acquire Raphiael Putney - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors, Kaiser Permanente and the Athletes' Corner Bring Swishes for Dishes Food Insecurity Initiative to Santa Cruz for 2020-21 Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Proving Why We're Best in Class - Raptors 905
- Juan Toscano-Anderson Wins 2019-20 NBA G League Community Assist Award - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Red Claws President Dajuan Eubanks Named 2019-20 NBA G League Team Executive of the Year - Maine Celtics
- NBA G League Announces 2019-20 Season Awards Prior to Tip off of 2021 Play - G League
- Mad Ants Announce Broadcast Plans for 2021 Season - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maine Celtics Stories
- Maine Celtics Announce Schedule for 2021-22 Season
- Jarell Christian Named Head Coach of Maine Celtics
- Celtics Sign Sam Hauser to Two-Way Contract
- Maine Celtics, Gifford's Ice Cream Announce Partnership
- Maine Celtics Partner with TD Bank to Fight Food Insecurity in Maine