Red Claws Acquire Josh Hagins
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, announced today that the team has acquired Josh Hagins off of waivers. Hagins, a 6-1, 180 pound point guard, has passed his physical and joined the team at practice today. To make room for Hagins on the roster, the Red Claws waived guard Jason Calliste.
Hagins, a rookie, was a four-year starter at Arkansas-Little Rock, averaging 13.2 points, 4.2 rebounds and 4.3 assists his senior season, leading the Trojans to an NCAA Tournament appearance. This season, Hagins had been playing overseas for KK Bosna (Bosnia), averaging 10.4 points, 3.4 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 10 games.
Calliste played 19 games for Maine this season, averaging 4.8 points in 16.8 minutes per game. He also played for the Red Claws in 2014-15.
The Red Claws face Delaware both Thursday and Saturday in a matchup of the division's top two teams. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting MaineRedClaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 30, 2017
- Chicago Bulls Assign Denzel Valentine to Windy City Bulls - Windy City Bulls
- Legends Acquire Future 4th Round Pick In Trade With Reno - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Complete Trade for Six-Year NBA Veteran - Reno Bighorns
- Blue Named NBA D-League Performer of the Week - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Los Angeles' Vander Blue Named NBA Development League Player of the Week - G League
- Red Claws Acquire Josh Hagins - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns Come up Short against the Stars - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.