Red Bull Arena Implements Venue Enhancements to Elevate Fan Experience for 2019 Season
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls have announced several arena enhancements aimed at significantly improving fan experience at Red Bull Arena for the 2019 season. The enhancements will support the continued plan to better serve fans and suite holders as part of a long-term, multi-year initiative.
The venue will roll-out the following for the 2019 season:
New Video Boards
Dynamic new video boards are currently being installed at Red Bull Arena. The displays in the North and South ends measures 24 feet high by 55 feet wide (twice as wide as previous screens) and includes wide-angle visibility to provide a better viewing experience throughout the venue. The new LED video boards will support higher-quality live video and instant replay, while also showcasing statistics, graphics and important messages for fans. The boards will be capable of variable content zoning, allowing the screens to display one large image or to be divided into multiple zones to show any combination of content at any moment during a match. The new visual experience will be provided by Daktronics. Due to current and upcoming venue enhancements, select sections of Red Bull Arena will be closed, flexing capacity down during the 2019 season.
Access to Red Bull Arena will be via mobile ticketing-only beginning in 2019. Mobile ticketing will provide guests of Red Bull Arena a safe and convenient ticketing experience while increasing protection against fraud. Red Members will receive a digital Member Card which can be accessed via the Red Bulls mobile app in the coming weeks. All guests of Red Bull Arena can gain access to managing their tickets by downloading the Red Bulls mobile app. Updated details of the mobile ticketing policy, including FAQs, will be available at newyorkredbulls.com in the coming weeks.
A predominantly cashless environment at Red Bull Arena will create a faster customer experience at both concession and merchandise stands, portables and the club's official team store, the BullShop. Credit cards, mobile phones and all other stored payments will be accepted (*select stands within Red Bull Arena will still accept cash transactions). In addition to decreasing check out time, the new transactional units will also be 100% customer-facing, so the credit card or mobile phone in use never leaves the customer's hand. All units are Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant.
"Our club's ongoing commitment toward the loyal fans and partners continues to be our highest priority," said Marc de Grandpre, General Manager, New York Red Bulls. "We strive to create a convenient, safe and memorable experience for everyone who steps foot into Red Bull Arena."
The Red Bulls open the 2019 home schedule with a Concacaf Champions League match against Atletico Pantoja on February 27. The 2019 MLS opener is set for Saturday, March 16 against the San Jose Earthquakes at 3:30 p.m. ET. Tickets are available by visiting newyorkredbulls.com/tickets or calling 1.877.727.6223.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2019
- FC Cincinnati Unveils Inaugural 2019 MLS Kit - FC Cincinnati
- Francis Atuahene Undergoes Successful Surgery to Repair Ruptured Pectoral Muscle - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Releases Defender Scott DeVoss - Orlando City SC
- Red Bull Arena Implements Venue Enhancements to Elevate Fan Experience for 2019 Season - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy to Unveil David Beckham Statue at Dignity Health Sports Park - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Drops Pacific Rim Cup Final 3-1 - Real Salt Lake
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Take Road Victory in SCCL Leg 1
- Match Preview: Red Bulls and Atletico Pantoja Square off in SCCL
- New York Red Bulls Sign 2018 MLS Defender of the Year Aaron Long
- New York Red Bulls Sign MLS SuperDraft Pick Sean Nealis
- New York Red Bulls Sign Danish Forward Mathias Jorgensen