Record Crowd and Robbie Burns Help Keep Play-Off Hopes Alive for Storm
(Summerside PE) It was Auld Lang Syne to the Halifax Rainmen as the Storm beat the number two team 112-102, in front of a record crowd of 3409.
The night was set with performances by the College of Piping and The Tony Cargill dancers; and the floor was alive with the spirit of Burns, creating a true battle of the clans.
Incredible defense by the Storm along with top performances by Stephen McDowell with 29 points and 23 points for Louie McCroskey helped Summerside take the win. Taliek Brown was the top scorer for Halifax with 17 points.
The Storm will face Halifax again on Saturday night, fans can catch the action live on EastLink TV, 7pm. The next home game is February 9th, 7pm when the Storm take on the London Lightning. For tickets and more information visit www.stormbasketball.ca.
The Storm are suggesting to the Premier to change the name of Islander to Storm Day, to help out, drop by The Storm Centre at Credit Union Place to sign our list.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 27, 2012
- Lightning Remain Undefeated Against Rainmen - London Lightning
- Rainmen Fall to Lightning - Halifax Rainmen
- Mill Rats Host SJHS & KVHS Game on Franco Fun Day - Saint John Riptide
- Miracles Release Ferguson - Moncton Miracles
- Record Crowd and Robbie Burns Help Keep Play-Off Hopes Alive for Storm - Summerside Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.