Rainmen Fall to Lightning
(HALIFAX, NS) The Halifax Rainmen fell to the London Lightning in a nail-biting game in front of 3,186 fans on Friday evening at the Halifax Metro Centre. The final score of the game was 100-97.
Leading the Rainmen was Joey Haywood with 23 points, followed by Taliek Brown with 16. Lawrence Wright chipped in with 14 points, while Chris Hagan had 12. Tyrone Levett added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Rainmen.
Eddie Smith led the Lightning with 23 points, followed by DeAnthony Bowden with 18 and Shawn Daniels with 17 points and 10 rebounds. The box score statistics can be found below.
The Rainmen will return to the Halifax Metro Centre tomorrow evening when they take on the Summerside Storm at 7 p.m. Tickets for tomorrow's game are available at Ticket Atlantic locations and at the Metro Centre Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 27, 2012
- Lightning Remain Undefeated Against Rainmen - London Lightning
- Rainmen Fall to Lightning - Halifax Rainmen
- Mill Rats Host SJHS & KVHS Game on Franco Fun Day - Saint John Riptide
- Miracles Release Ferguson - Moncton Miracles
- Record Crowd and Robbie Burns Help Keep Play-Off Hopes Alive for Storm - Summerside Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse