Mill Rats Host SJHS & KVHS Game on Franco Fun Day
(Saint John, NB): After playing on the road against the Oshawa Power and the London Lightning, the Mill Rats return home to host the Moncton Miracles on Wednesday, Feb. 1st. Game time is set for 7pm at Harbour Station.
The game proves to be an exciting matchup! Prior to the start of the Mill Rats game, the Mill Rats in conjunction with Harbour Station, will host a boys varsity high school game between Kennebecasis Valley High School and Saint John High School. Game time is 4:30pm.
To encourage students (18 and under) to attend, tickets for the high school game will only be $5. This ticket will also grant you access to the following Mill Rats game. Seating for the high school game is first come first serve but attendees must return to their ticketed seat number at the start of the Mill Rats game. For those 18 and older, these upperbowl tickets are only $10.
Tickets for the high school game will be on sale until the start of the game at 4:30pm.
February 1st is also Francofun day with the Mill Rats! Join the team as they celebrate New Brunswick's second official language on Franco Fun day! During halftime, local representatives from the French community will participate in a 5 on 5, ten minute scrimmage. A couple participants include M. Michael CÃ´té; General director of l'Association Régionale de la Communauté francophone de Saint-Jean (ARCF de Saint-Jean, the Saint John French Association) and M. France Maillet; Vice-principal of Samuel-de-Champlain.
This marks the final regular season game for KVHS who currently sit at 11-0 in AAA Southern Conference league play. Overall their record is 19-3. Their biggest victory this season was claiming the title for the Capital City Classic, defeating Fredericton 73-65.
The Crusaders have made the lineup to play in the Dairytown Classic tournament on Feb. 2nd - 4th. They are one of three New Brunswick teams to do so. KVHS will have an upcoming match against St. Michael's (Toronto), the number two ranked team in the county.
Saint John High is currently holding down the last playoff position but the team is looking to pull an upset along the way to a successful close to the season. It's been a few years since SJHS has made noise from a championship perspective but the team hopes to change that trend in the near future.
Saint John High has had some tournament success this season in finishing as runner up in the Simonds High Tournament, winning the Subway Red and Gray Classic at SJHS, as well as winning the John Smith Tournament in McAdam.
The Mill Rats are also taking part in the "Raising the Roof Toque Campaign"; Canada's national charity dedicated to long-term solutions to homelessness. They work nationally, regionally and locally to bring about lasting solutions to homelessness.
Join the Mill Rats in purchasing a hat for only $10 - 80% of the proceeds stay local and go towards the Saint John Youth House. The other 20% goes to a national fund for youth homelessness, Youthworks.
Saint John is currently 12-13 in NBL Canada standings, while the Moncton Miracles sit at 6-18.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 27, 2012
- Lightning Remain Undefeated Against Rainmen - London Lightning
- Rainmen Fall to Lightning - Halifax Rainmen
- Mill Rats Host SJHS & KVHS Game on Franco Fun Day - Saint John Riptide
- Miracles Release Ferguson - Moncton Miracles
- Record Crowd and Robbie Burns Help Keep Play-Off Hopes Alive for Storm - Summerside Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.