Re-Inc, Klarna, and Angel City Football Club Release Limited-Edition Collab
LOS ANGELES - re- inc, a purpose-driven brand and community founded by Christen Press, Tobin Heath, Megan Rapinoe, and Meghan Klingenberg to boldly reimagine the status quo; Klarna, the leading global bank, payments, and shopping service; and Angel City Football Club, LA's newest professional sports team, today announced a limited-edition apparel collaboration entitled the "New Everyone Club." The collection will include a range of gender-free staple items including t-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, and socks. In line with these brands' values, 10 percent of proceeds of the collab will be donated to the Downtown Women's Center, which Klarna will match.
The collab will launch tomorrow, Friday, Sept. 23 at 9 a.m. PT exclusively on the Klarna app for 24 hours. Following the Klarna availability window, the full collection will be available on www.angelcity.com. Limited quantities will be available at Banc of California Stadium ahead of the final regular-season home game of Angel City's inaugural season on Sunday, Sept. 25.
The "New Everyone Club" celebrates and embraces underrepresented groups and creates a community where all walks of life- women, people of color, non-binary individuals and other marginalized groups are invited to the table to mutually empower one another. The concept of the "New Everyone Club" is meant to redefine the narrative surrounding historically non-inclusive spaces. Some of these include board rooms, golf courses, and the like (SEE PHOTOS HERE) and the collab reimagines what those clubs and spaces could be.
"I'm so proud to bring the 'New Everyone Club' to life with both my team and my business," said ACFC forward and re- inc CEO and Co-Founder Christen Press. "This is about creating a new and inclusive way forward, bucking the old norms, and disrupting the status quo. Angel City and re- inc have such beautiful and diverse communities, and with the 'New Everyone Club,' we celebrate what's at our very core: reimagination."
Partnering with the Downtown Women's Center, a well-known organization serving and empowering women experiencing homelessness and formerly homeless women, is in alignment with the goals and focus of this collection.
"This collection is the next step in our partnership with Angel City FC, as we continue to show the world that we are not afraid to push boundaries and challenge the status quo on and off the field," said David Sandstrom, CMO of Klarna. "Through this collaboration, we are proud to provide fans a new way to showcase their fandom with new apparel, but most importantly, support the Los Angeles community and help empower women through the incredible work that is being led by the Downtown Women's Center."
"Angel City and re- inc are both mission driven brands that were fundamentally built to create a positive social impact," said Angel City Co-Founder and President Julie Uhrman. "Working alongside Christen and the re- inc team is something we have been discussing for a long time, and we are excited that it has come to fruition. Klarna has also been extremely supportive in this space since we announced our partnership nearly a year ago, so we are thrilled that they are a part of this collaboration."
In 2021, Klarna announced it had joined Angel City FC as a Founding Partner, and marked the brand's first official partnership with a sports organization globally. The partnership introduced Klarna's all-in-one shopping platform to new audiences and continues to offer fans an innovative way to shop, pay and support their favorite teams. Along with being integrated as a payment partner on ACFC's online store, the payments solution and shopping service leader can be found at Banc of California Stadium on game days rolling out the "Smoooth Pink Carpet" entrance (SEE PHOTOS HERE) for select matches, giving fans the opportunity to strut their best gameday looks.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from September 22, 2022
- U.S. Soccer Calls up Academy Star Sanchez for U-17 World Cup - Racing Louisville FC
- Match Preview: Portland vs Chicago - Chicago Red Stars
- Re-Inc, Klarna, and Angel City Football Club Release Limited-Edition Collab - Angel City FC
- Dynamo Charities Opens First Dash-Branded Mini-Pitch in Houston - Houston Dash
- Spirit Rally Falls Short in Los Angeles - Washington Spirit
- Angel City FC Keeps Playoff Hopes Alive with 2-1 Win over Washington Spirit - Angel City FC
- Portland's Three Second-Half Goals Sink Racing Out West - Racing Louisville FC
- Thorns FC Clinch 2022 NWSL Playoff Berth with 3-0 Shutout Win over Racing Louisville FC at Providence Park - Portland Thorns FC
- OL Reign Defeat Gotham for Important Three Points - OL Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Angel City FC Stories
- Angel City Football Club Signs Mexican American Midfielder/Forward Katie Johnson
- Chicago Red Stars Acquire Midfielder Cari Roccaro Through Trade with Angel City FC
- Angel City Football Club Hires Melissa Phillips of the London City Lionesses as First Assistant Coach
- Angel City Football Club Trades Forward Tyler Lussi for Defender Merritt Mathias
- BMO Joins Angel City Football Club as Founding Partner