Rascals Blanked in Finale
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. - With their playoff position already secured, the Rascals lost 1-0 to the Schaumburg Boomers on Sunday afternoon in the regular season finale. The Rascals were held to five hits, with James Morisano and Nick Anderson recording two each.
Chase Dawson drove in the only run of the game for the Boomers in the bottom of the seventh inning. Boomers pitching combined to retire the final seven Rascals hitters in order, with Connor Eller picking up his 22nd save of the season.
Rascals starter Alex Winkelman pitched two scoreless innings in a final tune-up before the playoffs. Reliever Yeison Medina (6-4) took the loss, allowing the lone run. Boomers starter Aaron Rozek (7-5) worked seven scoreless innings with three strikeouts in the victory.
The Rascals (54-42) host the Evansville Otters in Game 1 of the Frontier League Division Series on Tuesday night, with first pitch set for 6:35 p.m. CDT from CarShield Field.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Grizzlies Finish Season with 2-1 Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- Otters Come up Short in Finale, Finish Regular Season with 57 Wins - Evansville Otters
- Lake Erie Ends Regular Season on a Winning Note - Lake Erie Crushers
- Strecker Sets Franchise Record in Season Finale Loss - Washington Wild Things
- Sparks' Blast Gives Miners Win over Otters in 2019 Finale - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Host Postseason Games - Evansville Otters
- Boomers End Season with a Shutout - Schaumburg Boomers
- Rascals Blanked in Finale - River City Rascals
- Otters to Face Rascals in FLDS Starting Tuesday - Evansville Otters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.