Rapids Acquire Forward Thiago Martins and Two Draft Picks from Red Bulls
DENVER, CO (Friday, April 21, 2006)- The Colorado Rapids announced today the acquisition of Brazilian striker Thiago Martins from Red Bull New York in exchange for forward Jean Philippe Peguero. The trade also sends the Red Bulls' First and Third Round Natural draft picks in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft to Colorado.
Martins, who joined Major League Soccer in 2003, played two seasons with DC United before being acquired by Chivas USA in the 2005 MLS Expansion Draft.
The Sao Paolo, Brazil native played a total of 22 games for the Los Angeles based club, netting three goals and one assist with Chivas USA in 2005.
Peguero, who was discovered by Fernando Clavijo and recommended to the Rapids coaching staff in 2004, played a total of 26 games for Colorado last season, scoring seven goals and recording six assists.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 21, 2006
- Rapids Acquire Forward Thiago Martins and Two Draft Picks from Red Bulls - Colorado Rapids
- Red Bulls Acquires Peguero from Rapids - New York Red Bulls
- Crew Wins Central Ohio Emerald Award For Recycling From SWACO - Columbus Crew SC
- Chivas USA to face CONCACAF Champions' Cup winners - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- MLS Preview - MLS
- KC Wizards vs. FC Dallas Game Notes - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Rapids Postgame Notes - Week 12
- Colorado Rapids Loan Defender Abdul Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Rapids Postgame Notes
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Defender Abdul Rwatubyaye, 2019 International Spot
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Centerback Lalas Abubakar from Columbus Crew SC on a One-Year Loan