Rainmen Win An Overtime Thriller in London
The Halifax Rainmen ended a four game losing streak Saturday night, defeating Central Division rivals the London Lightning 111-107 in overtime. The Rainmen finish their mini-Ontario road trip with a 1-1 record and move to 8-9 overall in the Atlantic Division.
While the game was slow offensively through the first three quarters of play, Halifax held a 73-66 lead heading into the fourth, Halifax was able to improve on a number of issues that plagued them in Friday's contest against Brampton. The team shot 85% from the free throw line, hitting several crucial shots in overtime which allowed Halifax to pull ahead. The biggest contribution came from Halifax's three point game, which saw 14 3-pointers fall in the game. London battled throughout the fourth and tied the game at 96, sending it to overtime. In the extra five minute frame a back and forth battle ensued with Halifax pulling ahead by four late in overtime and never looking back.
Seiya Ando led your Rainmen with 20 points. Forrest Fisher had 18 points for the Rainmen, with 15 coming from beyond the arc. Joey Haywood contributed 17 points off the bench and Tyrone Watson had a double double, 10 points and 10 rebounds on the night. London was led by Marvin Phillips who 25 points on the night. Emmanuel Little had a double double for the Lightning, 24 points and 16 rebounds.
The Halifax Rainmen will be back in action inside Scotiabank Centre on Sunday January 18th as we play host to the Island Storm. Tip Off time is 2pm with tickets still available for purchase through the Scotiabank Centre Box Office, Ticket Atlantic or by visiting www.rainmenbasketball.ca.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 10, 2015
- Mill Rats' Rally Comes up Short on Road - Saint John Riptide
- Lightning Struck by Rainmen - London Lightning
- Big Lead Vanishes, But Express Stay Unbeaten at Home - Windsor Express
- Rainmen Win An Overtime Thriller in London - Halifax Rainmen
- Power Drop First Game to Moncton on East Coast Trip - Mississauga Power
- Miracles Pull the Plug on the Power - Moncton Miracles
- Brampton YMCA Hosts Brampton A's for Youth Basketball - Orangeville A's
- Rainmen Losing Streak Hits Four with Defeat in Brampton - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse