Rainmen Lose to Miracles on the Road
(Halifax,NS) The Halifax Rainmen couldn't make it three in a row tonight losing to the Moncton Miracles 105-93.
The Rainmen came out cold in the first quarter shooting only 22% from the field and trailed 24-14. The second quarter wasn't much better for the Rainmen who continued to struggle offensively. At half time Moncton lead 48-31. 19 of Moncton's 48 points were from the free throw line. Moncton had 23 attempts from the free throw line compared to the Rainmen's five attemps.
The Rainmen were in foul trouble early Quinnel Brown with three and Tyrone levett with four fouls. Moncton's Devin Sweetney lead all scorers in the first half with 13 points. Tyrone levett lead the Rainmen with nine points.
The Rainmen came out strong winning the third quarter 34-28. Foul trouble continued to give the Rainmen problems as three starters had five fouls going into the fourth quarter and sat the bench Quinnell Brown, Antoine Tisby and Tyrone Levett.
Joey haywood lead a 9-3 run to start the fourth for the Rainmen. The Rainmen were able to tie the game at 81 but the Miracles responded with an 11-0 run of their own and never looking back to take the win over the Halifax Rainmen, 105 - 93.
The Moncton Miracles finished with 46 free throw attempts compared to the Halifax Rainmen who only had 23 free throws.
Moncton's Devin Sweetney lead all scorers with 31 points followed by Brad Micah with 20 points, Sylvania Watkins had a double double 15 points and 14 rebounds, and Darrell Wonge finished with 12 points.
The Rainmen's offense was lead by Joey Haywood with 19 points followed by Tyrone Levett with 15 points and Quinnel Brown finished with 13.
The Rainmen are back in action tomorrow night January 5th as they host the defending NBL champions, London Lightning at the Halifax Metro Centre at 7pm.
For more information on the Halifax Rainmen, please visit www.rainmenbasketball.ca or follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/rainmenbasketball) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/halifaxrainmen).
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 4, 2013
- Prosper Props Up Express For Win Against Jazz - Windsor Express
- Rainmen Lose to Miracles on the Road - Halifax Rainmen
- STORM Get a Little Breathing Room - Summerside Storm
- Storm Defeat Mill Rats at Home - Saint John Riptide
- Miracles Defeat the Rainmen at Home - Moncton Miracles
- Enjoy Family Day with the Mill Rats Sunday at 4pm - Saint John Riptide
- Power Gets Great Local Support on Fan Appreciation Night, But Loses to London Lightning 100-87 - Mississauga Power
- Jazz Earn First Franchise Win Against Windsor - Windsor Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse