Rain Washes out Saturday Action
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - With heavy rain falling in the late afternoon and early evening Saturday, the scheduled action between the Grand Prairie AirHogs and El Paso Diablos has been postponed at QuikTrip Park.
As a result and with more spraying against West Nile Virus scheduled for Sunday night, the revised game schedule is as follows:
The gates at QuikTrip Park will open at 12:05 p.m., and the game from Friday night suspended at 9-9 after nine innings will resume at 1:05. Following that contest's completion, the AirHogs and Diablos will play a normal doubleheader to make up Saturday's game, with both games scheduled for seven innings.
With the two teams coming in separated by 3.5 games, the outcome of the tripleheader can swing the standings anywhere from a 6.5-game AirHogs cushion over the Diablos to just a half-game edge.
Because this is the last series of the season between the two teams, the American Association office was consulted before any decisions were made.
Sunday is still Family Sunday, with $1 hot dogs and fans can bring their dogs for free, as long as they are on a leash. Any fans with tickets for August 18 can exchange them for any home game for the remainder of 2012.
All games are aired live and for free on Ustream by clicking on the link on the AirHogs' home page or visiting http://www.ustream.tv/channel/airhogs-baseball with selected contests aired on Time Warner Cable's Texas Channel. For information on tickets, promotions, advertising, and other opportunities with the AirHogs, check out the Web site at www.airhogsbaseball.com, or call the QuikTrip Park office at (972) 504-9383.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 18, 2012
- Lemurs Get 13 Hits in 4-1 Win over T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Pitching Leads Lemurs' to Win - Laredo Lemurs
- American Association Results - AA
- Wingnuts take second straight from Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Espinosa Excellent, Ortiz the Hero in 'Dogs Walk-Off - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Klein Sets Single-Season Walks Record in 11-4 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Power and Pitching Lead RedHawks to 10-1 Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Big Inning Leads Wingnuts Victory - Wichita Wingnuts
- Gary Southshore Routs Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wild Card Lead Down to Just Three Games - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Ruwe Dazzles Again as Saints Win 4-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Rain Washes out Saturday Action - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Seven Game Homestand Fit for the Walking Dead - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Stretch Lead with Exciting Win - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs