RailHawks Prepare for Impact this Friday
Cary, NC (Thursday, August 7, 2008) - The Carolina RailHawks (4-8-9) host the last place Montreal Impact (5-9-4) on Friday August 8 at 7:30 p.m. at WakeMed Soccer Park. The first 1,000 fans through the doors will receive a T-shirt courtesy of NC Railroad Company. The first 2,000 fans will receive a limited edition Matt Watson card as well as a Frisbee courtesy of CEI. Tickets ($10, $15 and $20) are available at the LGFCU Box Office, by calling 919-859-KICK (5425), at all Ticketmaster outlets or by visiting www.carolinarailhawks.com.
"Montreal is a very good team," said RailHawks head coach Scott Schweitzer. "They have had trouble finding their rhythm this season but both teams are capable of making the playoffs and winning the Championship."
As with all matches against Montreal, the game on Friday, will unquestionably electrify fans and renew the rivalry between these two teams. The RailHawks are looking to get back into playoff range and their newest signing, forward Ronald Cerritos, is expected to make his WakeMed Soccer Park debut and help his team reach that goal.
"We have to get points in every game that is coming up, particularly if it's a team that we are directly fighting against for a playoff spot," said Impact head coach John Limniatis. "Those points are very valuable for our future. We played very well against them in Montreal and we are going to try and duplicate that quality of play."
The Montreal Impact are coming off a back to back series against the Rochester Rhinos. The Impact forced a 1-1 draw while playing in Rochester, but fell 0-2 when the Rhinos came to Montreal. Leonardo Di Lorenzo scored Montreal's goal during their 1-1 tie. The last place Impact has accumulated 19 points so far this season. They are three points behind the Carolina RailHawks.
This is the second meeting this season between the RailHawks and the Impact, their first meeting went 3-0 in favor of Montreal. These two sides met four times during the 2007 season, the Impact lead the all-time series 3-1-1.
Following the August 8 match, the Carolina RailHawks next home game will be August 15 at 8:00 p.m. This match will see the return of recently traded Connally Edozien to WakeMed Soccer Park. Tickets for this match and all Carolina RailHawks events are available at the LGFCU Box Office, by calling 919-859-KICK (5425), at all Ticketmaster outlets or by visiting www.carolinarailhawks.com. The August 15 match will also be available live on Fox Soccer Channel.
Schedule of events
Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
First 1,000 fans receive a t-shirt courtesy of NC Railroad Company
First 2,000 fans receive Frisbee and limited edition Matt Watson card courtesy of CEI
Kid's inflatables and City-Rock climbing wall for the children
Kids Human Tunnel lines up at 7:15 at the North-West corner of the field
Kick-Off 7:30 p.m.
Head to Head
The RailHawks are 1-3-1 all-time when facing the Montreal Impact. The first of three meetings between these sides this season ended 3-0 in favor of Montreal.
Friday's match will likely see the WakeMed Soccer Park debut of newly acquired Carolina RailHawk Ronald Cerritos. The RailHawks picked up the MLS veteran, who previously played for Real Maryland. The RailHawks have also acquired defender Eddie Guiterrez in a trade with Miami FC for Conally Edozien.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from August 7, 2008
- Sounders upend Portland - Seattle Sounders
- Thunder Defeat First Place Charleston 2-1 - Minnesota Thunder
- Atlanta Silverbacks to Battle Miami FC Blues at Home on Friday - Atlanta Silverbacks
- Miami FC to face fired up Silverbacks on Friday - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- RailHawks Prepare for Impact this Friday - North Carolina FC
- Impact Faces The Railhawks In Carolina Friday - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- Ben Speas to Retire After a Nine-Year Professional Soccer Career
- North Carolina Football Club Partners with Reed and Feed and NCFC Youth for Food Drive
- North Carolina Football Club to Hold Virtual Ticket 'Pitch-In' Campaign for Bucy Foundation Mini-Pitch Project
- Dahlkemper, Dunn, and Williams Named to 27-Player Roster for First U.S. Women's National Team Training Camp in Seven Months
- North Carolina FC's Youth to Pro Pipeline Comes to Light as Dre Fortune Highlights 2020 NCFC Team Awards as Most Valuable Player